PCLinuxOS 2007 Final Released!

tried doing that. it still sucks.

Ok, leaving behind the Kopete and Pidgin stuff, anyone using PCLinuxOS and facing any problems should feel free to post them in this thread. I would be pleased to help (if I could) 🙂 .

try the kopete chat window styles at KDE-Look.org , they are just awesome ..Kopete UI is quiet customisable, but its got a horrendous bug in its yahoo implementation , wherein it misses some of your buddies when you login, if you have a huge buddy list(say 100+). My brother has small list, his yahoo works fine, but some of my buddies dont show up as online when I login. If they come later, the notification comes though. I have confirmed this bug with few of my friends too and its also listed in kopete bugzilla I think. Just posted this to warn new users.

This is due to a slight change in yahoo server side , wherein the buddy list now arrives in 2 packets, instead of 1 as it was earlier. This change has not affected Pidgin, Gyach and other messengers in linux. Also for those who dont know , gyachi provides a feature which threatens ur privacy in😗😉 yahoo!Some ppl might have understood what I am saying.... PM me if u wanna know more

hello everyone!🙂

plz join this community in orkut dedicated to pclinux....and share your experiences,views,and if u are a linux expert,ur expertise....
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=37586510

hey geeks.
yahoo messenger has a unix version ..ok ok too old considered a insult to linux users..but kinda miss it..any help to install it in pclinux07//?i have reached upto it shows a folder called yahoo in pclinuxes menu and ymessenger..it opens a configuration wizard...i click ok ...then it closes.....is the software installed?it shows up in synaptic as installed ...and left a link in my desktop with ymessenger.kdelnk when i click on it i get open with..what do i use here as the program?to open this?
2)is gyach as good as official yahoo messenger?would like to know?is it availble in repos?thanks for ur answers...

You should use gaim/pidgin in linux for yahoo chat . It is a very good chat client

gyach supports IMvironments and audibles as well as webcam. So its closest to yahoo messenger as far as I see. Rpm for pclos may not be available, But I have compiled and built rpms for fedora 7 , you can try them in pclos if u want!!

Anybody here using SAM Linux Desktop? It's an XFCE implementation of PCLinuxOS. I can't download it through any of the mirrors, and the bittorrent tracker is down 🙁 .