Paytm to launch Credit Cards

Once bitten, twice shy...
When it comes to money it's better to play safe. Saying this from a harrowing experience my friend had to go through for paying rent in Delhi.

There are 2 cards - Paytm SBI Card and Paytm SBI Card SELECT

In the Early Access stage, a limited number of users will be given exclusive access to apply for the cards. To get early access, users will have to submit a few details on the Paytm App.

Users who have signed up for early access would join the waitlist. They can jump the waitlist slot positions by performing suggestive actions such as Checking their Credit Score (CIR check), Activating Paytm Postpaid and Making Payments through Paytm Postpaid.

Basically its OneCard all over again.

Annual fees for Paytm SBI Card = ₹ 499
Annual fees for Paytm SBI Card SELECT = ₹ 1499

There are a bunch of cards now which are giving 1%-2%. I guess ICICI Amazon Pay is the first & best of all it is a free card. Cashback is as Amazon Pay though. Paytm Citibank only needs 50000 & SBI Ola Money needs 1 Lakh for annual fee waivers, but they are giving 1% as Statement Credit & Ola Money respectively. Flipkart Axis has 1.5%, Google Pay Axis Ace 2%. Though the later two have 2 lakh spend limit.

If you compare they dont have the best of any, but rather the least favourable parts. ICICI Amazon Pay is free, Paytm has lower target for no annual fee, plus its statement credit. SBI too have a lower amount for no annual fee & 7% for Ola cabs is decent. Flipkart & Google Pay Axis have a higher 1.5% & 2% cashback even though they match the 2 Lakh amount for no annual fee.

Also the 499 card does not even seem to have that option - you need to pay the 499 it looks like?

I guess citibank is limited to few cities + criteria is strictest.
So they now issued this sbi variant which is offered even in small towns.