Paytm Postpaid

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 5,702
Okay, they enabled it without me asking for it in the first place. Maybe I should then.

they can't enable it without taking id details from you though. i got fooled into enabling it for some offer and it took a lot of effort to get it closed.

Oh yeah, I remember I had enabled Amazon Pay (different from Amazon Pay Later) so that I could be eligible for some cash back/discount. Looks like they got it from there. 'Lot of effort' would mean how much and any idea where I should start from, I'm now also thinking I should remove it to avoid any future trouble?

i use Amazon pay and even then i had to manually apply and get pay later approved.

anyhow. in my case, i had to find their financial partner and contact them and keep pinging them every couple of days to get them to cancel my account. amazon does not seem to offer cancellation from their end from what i have seen.

Oh damn, that does sound like a lot of effort. I have it with Capital Float which is some lending startup, hope they listen to me and close it soon.

Yes I just saw as well. I was charged 150 Rs on a bill of 9000. Apparently it's in the FAQs which I never read. It says 1-3% depending on your credit agreement. It's basically a personal loan at a 12-36% interest rate.

Don't think I am going to use it from now on.

lol i found this out this week. a guy in local market asked me if it was safe to use postpaid. i was like i mean if you pay the amount before due date it should be fine. fuckers charged him 4%+gst on the money he paid on time.

the convenience charge thing is written in small lighter color text on the penalty page. and they do not even tell how much is applicable on the account. they just say, details are in the mail sent to your id at the time of activation of postpaid. i checked his inbox, could not locate any email.

also of course, the app does not provide any option to disable postpaid. online blogs tell you it can be done through customer support. good luck finding a live person on the other side.

image on the first post of this thread indicate that they were not charging any fees initially. and now they hide it in small text.

hEIOYxf.webp

Last edited:
yeah its really misleading. I tried chatting with someone to understand how to close my account but gave up since I couldnt figure out how to talk to an actual person.