PayPal News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter farooq1789
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 303
  • Views Views 90,493

farooq1789

I have a paypal account, Is it possible to use ICICI bank, or HDFC debit card in paypalI don't have a credit card , am a student and it's diff to take credit card.Is their any other way to use paypal accountPlease help meThank UFaru

indian debit cards won't help.

nop if you dont have credit card then u can only receive payment and tell them to send a checque ( 5$ fees and minimum 150$ checque ) . Indian bank accounts cannot directly transfer money in paypal :-/

Originally posted by Sushubh@Feb 22 2006, 06:41 PM
indian debit cards won't help.
[snapback]42653[/snapback]
[/quote]

I guess HDFC had that facility, they provide with a temporary debit card (like pre-paid) that can be used for online shopping! .. Not sure.. 🤔

Originally posted by netfreak@Feb 23 2006, 12:01 PM
They create a temp Credit Card. You can request that online. This temp card is valid ONLY for 24 hours and Can be used ONLY once. So you are as safe as you can be with cards.

Thanks, this is useful information. This seems like a very safe way of transacting online.
Have you ever tried this mode of payment ?

1 day credit card wont help with paypal. they need a transaction which gets recorded on ur credit statement for verification. 🙂

Originally posted by Sushubh@Feb 23 2006, 10:52 PM
1 day credit card wont help with paypal. they need a transaction which gets recorded on ur credit statement for verification. 🙂

Yes, it won't help the original poster with his problem, but should work for other online purchases (e.g. Amazon), and is useful info, nonetheless. 🙂

i called up thei customercare to know if they allow to verify account on phone or by using some relatives credit card .. first the local guy said no then he transferred call to global customercare and the aldy there said give it a try it may or may not work depending on card provider ( if they check name to )

Originally posted by mario_a@Feb 23 2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks, this is useful information. This seems like a very safe way of transacting online.
Have you ever tried this mode of payment ?
[snapback]42796[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thats the way I do most of online transactions . Never tried it on Paypal. Good thing is, if you need to buy something worth 4000, you can create a card with limit of Rs 4000.

PayPal to offer security key to user worried about phishing scams
eBay has said that they would soon add another security offering to the customers of their PayPal online payment service.
The company would offer a $5 security key which is an electronic device, designed to clip on to a keychain. It calculates a new numeric password [...]

https://broadband.forum/5036/paypal-to-offer-security-key/

PayPal asking support from popular email service providers
EBay owned online payment service PayPal has said that they are trying to interact with popular email service providers so as to stop the delivery of fake PayPal related email messages.
The company wants them to block any message which appears to be originating from PayPal but lacks digital [...]

https://broadband.forum/5502/paypal-phishing/

PayPal launches Website Payments Pro
EBay’s online payment service PayPal has launched a new service named Website Payments Pro aimed at small and medium businesses.
This service has been designed to enable them to accept online payments securely and cost-effectively.
This is also the first non-hosted payment suite from PayPal. It comes loaded with their services including Express [...]

http://broadbandforum.co/2197/website-payments-pro/

hi i want to have paypal acc , but should i go for times of money(paypal), ororiginal paypal service are they both same and are they safe , should i use credit card.

eBay’s PayPal service gets European License PayPal has some good news for their users as they have just received a banking license to operate in Europe. This would help them to accelerate the adoption of its online payment services in European nations. PayPal said that they were granted the license by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier [...]

eBay’s PayPal service gets European License