• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 10,915
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgcarley

Founder, Hayai Broadband
ISP
India: FTTH, FTTB or 3G // NZ: VDSL // USA: FTTH or Cable (DOCSIS3)
We're thinking of flattening out the tariffs for data plans, which has caused a few sparks to fly in the dark recesses and a new idea has been created: PAYG on data plans.

Essentially there would be the base-fee of Rs599 as there is now, and then you could set a maximum bill amount (let's say Rs2000).

Then, let's say we flatten out the per-GB price across the board (no matter how many GBs you buy), so that it's some nice round figure - let's put a basic figure of Rs10/GB for the sake of the argument.

Then, you can use essentially as much (or as little) as you like until that billing limit is hit - in this case, it would be about 140GB.

But let's say you only used 50GB in total (rounded up to the nearest ~51MB due to that being the smallest unit of currency) - then your monthly bill (post-paid or pre-paid) would come out to be Rs599 + 50GB @ Rs10/GB or Rs1099 - or if you used 51608MB (50GB + 408MB), then it would be Rs1103 and so on.

This would eliminate the need for carryover GBs and all that, however the existing prepaid option would still remain (still with the ability to carry over as it exists now) - the difference now being that, because there is not staggered pricing any more, you could purchase pretty much the exact number of GBs you want, so instead of buying a data pack of 6GB, you could buy anything from 0.5 to 1000GB @ Rs10/GB (or Rs5 per 0.5GB).

Good idea? Bad idea? As usual, let me know!

thts a nice idea.pay as much u used..wht would be the speed in this connections then? same for all?

thts a nice idea.pay as much u used..wht would be the speed in this connections then? same for all?

It's a data plan, so up to 100mbit/s as per the existing options.

i think its a good idea ......is the rs10/gb real figure or just an example?

Currently, it's an example, but (we hope) achievable by launch day.

Looks like a good option, especially for normal users this looks like a pretty good deal. :urock:

Bearing in mind that the flattening of the price per GB should also affect the existing option, so it should be easy to work out based on that flat price how many GBs you are buying - if it's Rs10/GB then you automatically know that if you've spent Rs100, you've added 10GB to your account balance... or even if it's something like Rs13/GB, you'd still know easily how much you'd get for a given amount of money, rather than having to refer to the price brochure.

Wow good, This looks good, I mean night plan and now pay as per you go..I hope the launch day is soon..

Wow good, This looks good, I mean night plan and now pay as per you go..
I hope the launch day is soon..

Heh, no, if you read the other post properly, we're looking at getting rid of the night plans because they don't provide very good value for money anymore - only a few hundred rupees difference (even at the higher speed tiers) and not even in the customer's favour!!

Ideally we will offer 3 types of plans only: Hayai Lite, Flat-rate and Data (both pre-paid and PAYG options).

Heh, no, if you read the other post properly, we're looking at getting rid of the night plans because they don't provide very good value for money anymore - only a few hundred rupees difference (even at the higher speed tiers) and not even in the customer's favour!!

Ideally we will offer 3 types of plans only: Hayai Lite, Flat-rate and Data (both pre-paid and PAYG options).

Getting rid of night plan would Be Great, but yeah make Sure that a GB costs 12-15Rs. I am not willing to pay more than that for a GB. even though The speeds up to 100mbps

Getting rid of night plan would Be Great, but yeah make Sure that a GB costs 12-15Rs. I am not willing to pay more than that for a GB. even though The speeds up to 100mbps

Our prices already range from about 12.something to 14.71 per GB anyway, so this should not be a concern. What we're planning is to flatten the tariffs so that you can buy 1GB or 100GB or 1000GB and know exactly what the price is without having to refer to any of the brochures. If I had to give a price now it would be around Rs13 or 13.5/GB, but we're aiming for Rs10.

Our prices already range from about 12.something to 14.71 per GB anyway, so this should not be a concern. What we're planning is to flatten the tariffs so that you can buy 1GB or 100GB or 1000GB and know exactly what the price is without having to refer to any of the brochures. If I had to give a price now it would be around Rs13 or 13.5/GB, but we're aiming for Rs10.

Awesome 10Rs/Gb is Acceptable and I would Take the connection if tat is the case ..

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Are you too going to give a Guaranteed 80% of the promised speed which are TRAI Broadband QOS Guidelines

Awesome 10Rs/Gb is Acceptable and I would Take the connection if tat is the case ..

Again, this is the price we're aiming for - not yet confirmed but hopefully I can. As of now I *can* confirm that an average price would be Rs13.52 per GB (rounded down to 13.5GB for the sake of easier calculations). Re1 would therefore get you about 76MB, and 50 paise would get you ~38MB.

Are you too going to give a Guaranteed 80% of the promised speed which are TRAI Broadband QOS Guidelines

We don't have to worry about that too much, as within the network everything is run at "up to 1Gbit/s", so if they were testing that against the advertised speeds, they'd be almost guaranteed to hit well over 100% or even 1000% of the advertised plan speed (if they got 100mbit/s on a 10mbit/s plan, for example).

^^would these plans have different speeds, or only a universal speed ranging upto 100mbps??

Status
Not open for further replies.