Pathetic work by Airtel causing frequent disconnections

@Lolita_Magnum Please compare and list out good and bad things about jio and airtel fiber, Basically comparison type review. Ignore non working bridge mode in jio, that aint very significant issue.

I want to set up NextDNS doh and i wish Jio allowed the bridge mode

@nishantt6969 Tell me what your requirement is and I can compile a differentiation based on that, internet is a huge deal with lots of complications whatever I'm having right doesn't necessarily mean you are gonna have the same too.

My requirement is no packet loss while gaming, streaming, faster page loading and 99.9% uptime. Well in my area JIO never went down for last 1 year.

That depends entirely on where you live and what works best in your area. For example over here where i live i haven't had my internet die on me ever since forever and we've been using Airtel since 2008. If jio works great in your are go for it besides from what i have heard they let you port forward unlike Airtel unless of course you opt in for a static ip.

Guys I saw same Airtel FAT boxes in our area... 4 out of 10 times they were open & mismanaged. Jaipur is non LCO city where Airtel guys directly provide connection. 1 Gig was here since beginning. I don't know why this is happening... Same with Tata Play & Jio.

@nishantt6969
Jio has been working fine up to now, though it hasn't been very long yet so I can't say for the long term, the customer support thankfully is helpful and answer your calls quite quickly instead of very long wait times on airtel unless you are black customer, the fiber maintenance is not done by a third party but they themselves. I have a direct number with my local engineer and he is helpful whether it's an infra issue or technical.
In my complex JioFiber came a lot before Airtel, but their infrastructure has been clearly maintained a lot well compared to if you see airtel almost everything is either broken, half mended, etc. You don't get so many loyal customers if you don't have good uptime and a good service commitment (as I have said about 70-80% of households here use Jio).
I sometimes (like 1 or 2 times) see lower upload speeds when using speedtest, but the same was not true when I was actually using the upload capability.
On the technical side of things, I haven't had any web performance and steaming issues yet and everything has been working pretty fine actually, except the FTP issue about which the NOC Chief has personally contacted me to discuss and identify the issue.
I don't do much multiplayer gaming, but I recently played some CSGO and Wildlands with my peers and it worked quite well. I have UPNP enabled on the ONU and I'm getting Open NAT in almost all games and applications even torrent works quite well and I'm receiving incoming connections from leechers/seeders. When I'm out of my house I sometimes use SteamLink to play games, going through diagnosis it seems I was directly connected to my computer (P2P) instead of using the Steam Server Relay which improved the game experience.
I used to have a lot of connection issues with Ubisoft on airtel but there does not seem to be any with Jio and download speeds when using battle.net is insanely better, the same goes for Origin and Steam (Steam, if I'm connected to an airtel cache server).
Last, ever since the Jio STB came my parents and if I ever receive guests are hooked on it like crazy. So, I doubt I'd be able to disconnect it anytime soon anyway. My grandma finally comes to see me, since I have means for her to see her favorite TV shows.

Hope this was helpful, but again you might have a completely different experience in your loco, I'd suggest giving it a try and test if it's to your expectations.

Last edited:
@Lolita_Magnum While you are talking to Ambani, please tell him to allow bridge mode because only technically enable people would take advantage of this and they don't have to worry about taking responsibilities for whatever mess up someone do with bridge on his or her end and they could even send a warning message or show one message when they change to bridge.

Tell him about adguard etc and sqm shaping etc

Regards

Nah, but what can you expect in a corporate environment. They'd have to set 10 different meetings to discuss the same issue, escalate and notify their superiors about the changes, and then the superiors will have meetings about it, finally, when it comes down, it'd be a cat and mouse of who would actually work on it since if there are any misconfiguration it'd mean no internet for many and on and on and on.