Pathetic work by Airtel causing frequent disconnections

Do you have photo of the Jio Fiber set up? You don't have to post it. Just curious to see.

@itachi
Sure, there is not much to see but here we go.
The DP Box is right out my door, probably like just 3-4m away at best. Thankfully is closed, it has 2 (1x8) splitters with just 2 empty ports remaining at the moment. The cable going up on the right is mine.
on4.jpg

It is a single fiber direct main in and no outs. The white fiber cable on the right is going 3 floors down from the mine to another DP Box, they have a one DP per 3 floors configuration.
on5.jpg

This is the standard ONU, that they have been giving out nowadays. I am on their 3-month postpaid plan at the moment, so no installation or deposit charges. Situated in my home's hall.
The JIO AP wireless capabilities are surprisingly good, getting well over 600Mbps over WIFI.
on1.jpg

I have 3 ethernet cables connected at the moment, one goes to a switch that is in another room, one for STB, and the other to a NAS.
on2.jpg

This STB that is provided by Jio is 4K@60 and has an optical out. The UI itself has been surprisingly smooth, my mom is not that tech savvy so the voice assistant feature comes in really handy. The ethernet port in the STB supports only up to 100Mbps. The STB won't display the 5Ghz band of wifi, if both have the same SSID, hence the direct cable connection.
The only CON, I'd say is there is no VLC Media Player. (I use it to play/stream via FTP/SFTP)
on3.jpg

I have a Netgear PoE switch, to the very end/last room, connected via the aforementioned CAT6 cable, one port goes to a ZyXEL AP and the other to a server, which technically I also sometimes use as a desktop.
on6.jpg

It's been two dusty today, hence the mess.

Last edited:
There is a VLAN mapping in Web UI, it does not need a controller to do such things. It can also easily be configured using the CLI.
A controller is just a simple way to add convenience and monitoring when you have too many APs to work your way with.

Which plan are you using on Jio? How are the speeds?

On Jio? No I don't, everything is working pretty well actually. Even when the bandwidth is being completely used, there is a slight increase in latencies but no packet drops. @nishantt6969
Here are the latency stats, while the internet is generally being used by almost everybody.
Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
Packets: Sent = 550, Received = 549, Lost = 1 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 23ms, Average = 7ms
Here's one with an international server.
Ping statistics for 46.232.XXX.XXX:
Packets: Sent = 311, Received = 311, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 125ms, Maximum = 156ms, Average = 127ms

Last edited: