Pathetic work by Airtel causing frequent disconnections

Update: Airtel has been doing literally nothing. And I still have LOS Light Blinked RED at the end of the day.
I needed an alternative urgently but I have no faith in local providers.
TataPlay is asking for a wait time of 2 weeks since they do not have any customers in my building and are demanding I pay for 6 months upfront. Which is a no-no for me.
Had to go to the JioFiber route this evening, and they called back immediately and asked if they can come by for installation. Within 2 hours, everything was done, went for their 999 Postpaid 3 Months plan to which they said it can be downgraded to 1 month once it's over. Working fine and so forth.

13393353391.png
cfspeed.png

It's doing above 300Mbps(consistent) in the 1MB test, and above 200Mbps(consistent) in the 10MB test.
Might mail Jio tomorrow about if they can do something about port forwarding. If anybody can help regards (what I should be adding in the mail), that'd be great. Thanks.

I did email them, but they did not do anything and instead just raised a complaint ticket. @Venku
Which was again, closed shortly after a few hours.

@Lolita_Magnum now that you have jio as backup, register disconnection request with Airtel. Only way you can make them to work.

@nishantt6969 I am not an airtel employee previously my friend worked in airtel he informed me the same matter after that I write email to net which will addressed my complaints and feedbacks very fastly..

Airtel had a redundant copper cable in my colony that was used to provide ADSL connections. Despite my request It took them over a year to remove it after they installed the fibre. So they will in all likelihood take their own sweet time in correcting these issues.

This thread is very depressing because those cables look so mismanaged.

It also reminds of the delhivery guys who use their app to lie that they called and I did not pick up and push the delivery date ahead.

@itachi It looks a lot worse now due to thunderstorms.
@igloo I asked for disconnection, they did their same old BS, "sir Aaj tak hojaega, aj tak guarantee hojaega, the cc people should be kings of lying". Last time when my connection was down for 7 days, they said the same thing every single day.
Also, the deduction was not given for the days the broadband connection was not working, which would be more than 20 days of the meager 30 days of the billing cycle.
My airtel connection has been disconnected finally today.

Interestingly, FTP over TLS via PORT 21 is not working over JioFiber. The issue has been escalated to NOC, let's hope it actually gets fixed. JioFiber is no different and is full of stupid-headed people, I had to explain to Technical Team 2 what FTP even means. I hope simple things actually gets fixed, judging by how quickly these engineers came to my home.

After 4 days of downtime, this is their final work of repair. I applaud and I'm never coming back. Specially since they charged me for all the days of the downtime and are acting completely like idiots when I mention about it to them even though they promised there would be no such charges.

IMG-20220712-184652.jpg
IMG-20220712-184658.jpg

Out of the past 30 days my internet was down for almost 15 days. But I had to pay the whole amount.

Airtel Direct. It's Mumbai, so no LCO.
I feel at this point, even LCOs would do a better job.

Last edited:
@Lolita_Magnum have you disconnected the connection?

After watching this thread I have lost hopes to these giants. As you said even LCO guys do better job. 2 days ago there was a fiber cut and Tata Play guys left open JC hanging on pole + another JC lying on road. I don't know what to say. Excitel on the other hand is doing a great job in our area.