Pathetic work by Airtel causing frequent disconnections

Lolita_Magnum

ᓚᘏᗢ
ISP
AS17665
AS11158
Today I went up to see why I'm having frequent LOS light blinks and I'm not even surprised why, plus it has been quite windy since last week.

IMG-20220709-133348.jpg
IMG-20220709-133630.jpg

IMG-20220709-133854.jpg
IMG-20220709-134051.jpg

This is common problem with airtel. same is the case at my end. the box is open and wires all hanging around it. They have not even routed my cable properly its hanging in air. they only know how to give connection. no understanding of safety and security of the system

This has been an ongoing issue for 4-6 months now, and they do just the bare minimum whenever there is a fiber break or any other issue. Plus half the box (although cannot be seen in the picture) is broken, and the latches are broken too. @mikrotik

They do have option to replace the box. If you have phone number of local technician, call him and ask him to get the box closed properly.

email the exact pics with details to nodal officers.
I am more concerned about wires on floor, they'll for sure invite a fiber cut somehow.

Man, that's awful! Thankfully they haven't done such a shabby job in my housing colony. All boxes are firmly shut. Ditto for TPBB

this issue is not usual issue for them like fiber cut. whenever it is they come they splice the cable, put a joiner box and go. but the poor cable management remains. i had even asked my society comitee to look into this but they are also not serious.
i hope the fiber wont carry water droplets in this monsoon!

As mentioned earlier in other thread, I had to get my outer wall repaired where this box is placed. Called the local technician, he sent someone to remove the box and place it on the side properly. When the repair was complete, called him again. Again the O&M team came, installed the box properly.

Mailed nodel west, all I got was this.
Screenshot-20220709-210326.jpg

Had a terrible gust of winds today, this is how it looks now. Had thunderstorms after that, and now I'm sitting at -27 dBm.
IMG-20220709-174516.jpg

Enginner said he'd work on it as soon as possible than closed the ticket few hours later. (Didn't knew that was even possible)
Had to call airtel dedicated team to reopen.

Question, find the fiber main single core thats coming in the image below.
IMG-20220709-174521.jpg

I think you are mistaken, the incoming fiber is multi core and the cores are then spliced to the white cores that end in the green connector. They do this so that if there is issue with the connector, they won't have to touch the original core.

In airtel, splitting does not happen in such boxes. They put up big Splitter box on the road side.

@mikrotik There's no such thing as having things on the road side here, it's residential complex whatever's gonna happen will happen either on the building's terrace or in the floors of the building itself. Even the mobile towers are only situated on the terraces itself.

The incoming fiber is multi core which is dangling down if you see the first image. One core from that is used to split the connection for each floor of the building.
If you see the last image, inside the white box on the top left that's barely hanging on the corner is the core thats coming in.

This is that big splitter box. We have a seperate box on each floors too.

Airtel service has been a joke for me too. Had similar downtimes that stretched to weeks at times. Also had other issues with respect to speeds and it took months of back and forth with their team to get it fixed. The problem is, that there is no clear way to escalate things and get it fixed. The nodal officer was useless. Even bsnl is better in this regard. At least you can go to bsnl's main office and talk to their "fiber head" and actually get work done from the lower technicians.

I'm having LOS light RED blinking for the last 5 hours now. I guess the box is finally toasted. No talks with an engineer are doing anything, and they are frequently closing the ticket.
I feel like I should be moving to a different ISP by the end of this bill cycle, this has just been terrible.