Pathetic Ten Sports Have Telecast Rights Of South Africa And Zimbabawe Cricket Rights

Vivek Sharma

INDIAN
ISP
MTNL
Pathetic Ten Sports Have Telecast Rights Of South Africa And Zimbabawe Cricket Rights

Even Though The Match Will Be Produced By Sabc Sports Of South Africa It Is Bad News For Cricket Lovers What Can We Do

READ THE SECOND LAST PARAGRAPH
BCCI to blacklist Zee and Ten Sports- Entertainment-Media / Entertainment -News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
BCCI to blacklist Zee and Ten Sports
10 Oct, 2007, 0213 hrs IST,Sonali Krishna, TNN
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/photo.cms?msid=1568696 Print
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/photo.cms?msid=1568697 Save
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/photo.cms?msid=1784493 EMail
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/photo.cms?msid=2010364 Write to Editor

MUMBAI: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to blacklist Zee Sports and Ten Sports in view of the ongoing fracas between BCCI and the Subhash Chandra-owned ICL.

The decision would mean that both the sport broadcasters would not be allowed to participate in the bidding of the broadcast rights for the Indian Premier League (IPL) — BCCI's version of the Twenty20 game. This would mean that the fight for the rights would be restricted to only three players — Nimbus, ESPN-Star and Sony.

The reason for blacklisting the two channels is quite clear. A senior BCCI official said that Zee Sports defaulted in not renewing its bank guarantee for the neutral venues contract that was awarded to them by the BCCI earlier this year.

"There's no question about either Zee Sports or Ten Sports bidding for the IPL rights. Zee Sports is in any case officially blacklisted by the board, and Ten Sports automatically falls under the same category on account of its partnership with Zee," a senior BCCI official told ET.

When contacted, Zee Sports CEO Himanshu Mody said, "We have sent them an arbitration notice for the cancellation of the neutral venues contract. The matter in our opinion is sub-judice." However, Taj TV (Ten Sports) CEO Chris McDonald said, "I'm not aware of any such move by the BCCI."

Having said that, Ten sports recently bagged the Zimbabwe and South Africa cricket board rights for the next one year. However, with ICL rubbing all the international boards as well as the International Cricket Control (ICC) the wrong way, the partnership with Zee might pose a problem for Ten Sports in the long run.

However, a Zee Sport source said, "Zee is just a 50% partner, and the management control still lies with Ten Sports. So BCCI does not have any real legal ground to disqualify Ten Sport from bidding."

I think TEN sports broadcast is the best in the business when it comes to cricket(Don't know whether it will change with partnering with Zee).Their analysis(straight drive) is more in-depth than ESS.Less ads farce also.I would rather listen to Sanjay Manjeraker than Harsha Bhogle,Ravi Shastri or Sunil Gavaskar.The article you have posted is irrelevant because BCCI cannot do anything about other countries' rights.PS:It has the added bonus that we don't have to worry about missing out on football matches in ESS when there is a south african tour.

Vivek, TS is very much better than Neo, eventhough it cannot be compared with ESS. Sanjay Manjeraker is not that bad, and is good when compared to out DD commentary 🙂

Vivek, TS is very much better than Neo, eventhough it cannot be compared with ESS. Sanjay Manjeraker is not that bad, and is good when compared to out DD commentary 🙂

Even i agree with you as a presenter sanjay manjerekar is equally good like HArsha Bhogle and also his commentry too but now a days i dont like Gavaskar's commentry

I have no hesitation in acknowleding that ten sport cricket telecast IS 🙂 at par with espn . the REASON I CALLED PATHETIC IS THIS AS TENSPORTS DON`T HAVE ANYOTHER CHANNEL THAN IF 2 OR MATCHES ARE ON THAN TEN SPORTS WILL BE ABLE TO SHOW ONLY ONE . AS IT IS HAPPENING NOW WHEN SRI LANKA - ENGLAND AND PAKISTAN - SOUTH AFRICA ARE ON SAME DAY ONLY THE ODI BETWEEN SRL AND ENG IS SHOWN

I have no hesitation in acknowleding that ten sport cricket telecast IS 🙂 at par with espn . the REASON I CALLED PATHETIC IS THIS AS TENSPORTS DON`T HAVE ANYOTHER CHANNEL THAN IF 2 OR MATCHES ARE ON THAN TEN SPORTS WILL BE ABLE TO SHOW ONLY ONE . AS IT IS HAPPENING NOW WHEN SRI LANKA - ENGLAND AND PAKISTAN - SOUTH AFRICA ARE ON SAME DAY ONLY THE ODI BETWEEN SRL AND ENG IS SHOWN
Even i dont complain the tensports cricket telecast as they are equally good like ESS.

Even i agree with you as a presenter sanjay manjerekar is equally good like HArsha Bhogle and also his commentry too but now a days i dont like Gavaskar's commentry

i dont agree with u. Harsha Bhogle is far better than Sanjay Manjrekar:thumbsup::thumbsup:

More of these off from Espnstar the better. so we can enjoy high quality football coverage in it 🙂