Pathetic Speeds and Results from Triband Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter GABRIEL36
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 5,138
Check this page... point # 29

Introduction

It clearly mentions that for plans with download above 512kbps, the users are entitled for an upload speed of 512kbps. In Gabriel's case, his plan is 512kbps - upto 2mbps... which means he can get 512 kbps upload speed.

And BTW... I'm on 849 NU which is 256 kbps - upto 2 mbps - and I have 512 kbps upload.
thanks to amish for pointing it out.
check point no (ix)
MTNL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans
faq that u have mentioned is old.

but u know what... i just got my upload speed changed to 512 kbps just 2 weeks back. the babus at the Prabhadevi server room panic as soon as a mail from GM comes and they do whatever we say... maybe thats the reason I got 512 kbps...!!!

yaaa even i am getting download speed much above 2Mbps but upload speed is capped at 256Kbps.Enjoy it till it lasts.

ya.. i know.. I'll have a gala time seeding garib torrents till then...

Hi Gabriel... according to the plan, u r entitled to a minimum of 512kbps bandwidth. And the burst being 2mbps. Which means that under normal circumstances, u shd be getting a bandwidth of 1.7 to 1.8 mbps generally.

If in ur modem page, ur downstream is synched to 256, then thats the problem. Call up 1504 and tell them to sync ur downstream to 2mbps and upstream to 512kbps. Also at the same time, file a complaint here:

MTNL MUMBAI :: COMPLAINT ONLINE

And if they do not respond in 2 days, write a mail to GM Broadband stating your docket number and telephone number.

This should be solved pretty quickly....

All the best!

Dear Venkz,

You have been "Extremely Helpful". But, I live in Bandra West, and i am not sure whether that Exchange in Bandra West has a GM Broadband and whether he has an email address to write to.

I have called 1504 before when i had DSL 2399 but nothing has ever been done by them specially when i had problems with DSL 2399.

The only email address i was able to find was this:

bandra.helpdesk@mtnl.net.in

My Problems continue and continue to get worse and worse as the days go by.

Any More Info from u will be welcome and appreciated.

Regards,

The whole of Mumbai has just one GM for Broadband. All exchanges come under his purview. Here is his email address:

gmbbmbi@mtnl.net.in

Refer to your complaint number and your telephone number while writing the email.

The whole of Mumbai has just one GM for Broadband. All exchanges come under his purview. Here is his email address:

gmbbmbi@mtnl.net.in

Refer to your complaint number and your telephone number while writing the email.

Dear Venkz,

Many Thanks for your assistance. Let's see what happens. I have called 1504, but they do not seem to be bothered at all about the problem at all.

It seems i will be forced to email the GM Broadband for MTNL Mumbai and see what happens.

gmbbmbi@mtnl.net.in

Dear Venkz,

Greetings. It is almost a week since i emailed "The GM for Broadband of all MTNL Exchanges" in Mumbai.

Guess what !! There has been no response at all although i stated my docket number and telephone number etc and some details of the complaint.

The Best part is that there has been no "acknowledgement" on the part of the Manager that he has even received the email although i sent it to him on the 6th of December.

I am so frustrated and angry that i wouldn't mind taking a chance with a Tata Broadband Connection soon, considering the fact that i get frequently disconnected and have been facing extremely low and worse than pathetic Download Speeds since the last week of June 2007 till to date even under DSL 599. I earlier had DSL 2399 which was the worst after 5 months of excellent service.

I suggest my posts at:
be read carefully.

With the currenet technology / methodology that MTNL is using, IPTV is bad news with Triband.

Last edited by a moderator:
@gabriel... its surprising that the GM is not responding.... try calling up the GM office on this number: 022-24310645

@gabriel... its surprising that the GM is not responding.... try calling up the GM office on this number: 022-24310645

Yes, Venkz -- I have yet to receive any email from GM Broadband for Mumbai and tomorrow will be a week since i sent the email.

I have called up 1504 a dozen times and they are just not interested or cannot understand the issue at hand.

I really do not know what to do any more.

I will try emailing "The GM Broadband" Again.

P.S. -- As far as Status of "Online Track Complaints" is concerned all i get is a "Pending Answer" when i type in my Docket Number and Telephone Number.

I don't know how long this is going to go on ??

Thanking you in advance,

I have also emailed all these 3 email addresses numerous times with no response at all as i live in Bandra West.

a) triband.helpdesk@mtnl.net.in

b)helpdesk.mumbai@mtnl.net.in

c) bandra.helpdesk@mtnl.net.in