• Thread starter Thread starter GABRIEL36
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 5,139

GABRIEL36

ISP
DIALUP
Dear Venkz and Friends,

As you may know, till Today i had DSL Plan 2399 which should give me a speed of 512Kbps upto 2 Mbps as per the "Tariff Plan".

BTW, I have checked and rechecked there is currently no Viruses or Spyware in my Computer nor has there been in the past. Because, if there ever was it was immediately cleaned out by me or by the Software Engineer who comes to check my Computer now and then.

"But these Results I do not understand -- They do not come even close to 1 Mbps or even 1.6, or 1.7 Mbps -- Forget about 2 Mbps according to the plans.

RESULTS:
http://202.159.230.232:8888/speed/result.jsp?2193.562

Internet connection speed results:

File Size: 5000KB

Time to Download: 193.562second(s)

Your Bandwidth: 233.22Kbps

(0.228Mbps)

If u can make any sense of this, please respond. This has been happening only since the end of June 2007 till now.

I wonder if i will get these kind of speeds even in DSL 599 which i have changed to with effect from 1st of December 2007.

DSL 599 also has a similar "Bandwidth Download Speed" just like DSL 2399.

Check out the following link -- it says so for both the plans.

MTNL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans

P.S. -- This Nonsense makes no sense to me at all. What is happening ??

This was not the case from Jan 2007-26th of June 2007.

Problems started only from the 27th of June till now.

I have written letters, sent emails, met officials in charge but it has had no effect at all nor have there been any positive changes to my speed as it should be.

Regards,

when posting any querries on speed pl post ur modem snr details.

even i have been gettin 235kbps speed in Plan 199 for quite some time now! Though it cud be becoz of IPTV!DSL-502T SNR always > 22

even i have been gettin 235kbps speed in Plan 199 for quite some time now! Though it cud be becoz of IPTV!
DSL-502T SNR always > 22
yaa for delhites having iptv triband speed has been capped @ max 256KBps

Yes! I can confirm its IPTV because I was getting 1.7mbps usualyl but since my data rate has increased to 6144 from 2048, my speeds are never consistent, its somewhere between 250-900, doesn't go beyond that.I'll cancel IPTV now since it has not been installed yet.

@GABRIEL: Open your router configuration page and take a screenshot and post it here. We can then help u pin down the problem and then u can take on the MTNL guys stating the exact issue. That will help u solve ur problem faster!

Yes! I can confirm its IPTV because I was getting 1.7mbps usualyl but since my data rate has increased to 6144 from 2048, my speeds are never consistent, its somewhere between 250-900, doesn't go beyond that.

"250-900"
u are talking about surfing or downloading speed.
As such for mumbaikars triband speed has not been capped to 256KBps.
bw allocation.
2Mbps for triband
4Mbps for iptv

kbps (Kilobits per sec) ofcourse. 900 kBps (Kilo Bytes per sec) would be 7200kbps (7mbps) 🙂Yes, I'm allocated 2mb and I did get 200-210 kB/s till my data rate was increased to 6144 for IPTV.I'm getting it cancelled anyway hoping that the speeds would improve.

first try to lodge a complaint with mtnl guys "say that u are not getting 80% of the subscribed speed ".for more details refer mtnl site..Beleive me it will help.I also faced the same problem as u .My problem was rectified within 5 days.

@GABRIEL: Open your router configuration page and take a screenshot and post it here. We can then help u pin down the problem and then u can take on the MTNL guys stating the exact issue. That will help u solve ur problem faster!

Dear Venkz and Friends, (Please Help Me)

As you may know till the 30th of November 2007 i had the worst plan of all "DSL 2399" which used to give me a disastrous and annoying maximum download speed of only 27-20 KB/Secs from link-removed, Megashares, Yousendit, File Factory or whatever Download Site you can think of.

This started happening from the 27th of June 2007 - 30th of November 2007.

Now, I have changed my Plan to DSL 599 and the Speed is even worse or the same as DSL 2399. Both Plans have a Download Speed of 512kbps- 2Mbps.

It is even stated on my Account where i check the usage at Login Page that DSL 599 has a Download Speed of 512 kbps upto a maximum of 2 Mbps dated the 1st of December 2007 the day the new plan took effect.

In any case, please help me. Here is the information you wanted as well as some Speed Tests i conducted yesterday and today.

Shouldn't my Line Rate Upstream and Downstream be 512 instead of 256.

Have I been wrongly synced since Late June 2007. Everything was fine from Jan 2007 - Middle of June 2007.

Do I need a New Modem as well as New Line ??

1) "UT- 300R2U ADSL MODEM"

Device Info

Board ID:

96338L-2M-8M

Software Version:

3.00L.03.A2pB019a.d16i

Bootloader (CFE) Version:

1.0.37-0.7

This information reflects the current status of your DSL connection.

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):256

Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):256

LAN IP Address:192.168.1.1

Default Gateway:59.183.63.254

Primary DNS Server 59.185.0.50

Secondary DNS Server 203.94.243.70

2) Speed Test Results from various Servers Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test -- this does not make any sense at all to me as i am not even remotely getting these speeds when i download any file -- all i am getting is a maximum of 27 KBS/Sec and a Minimum of 20 KBS/Sec.

(Frankfurt Server)

A) https://www.speedtest.net/result/208192036.png

(Mumbai Server)

B) https://www.speedtest.net/result/208196830.png

(Bangkok Server)
C) https://www.speedtest.net/result/207902914.png

D) (Hong Kong Server)

https://www.speedtest.net/result/207902354.png

E) (Singapore Server)

https://www.speedtest.net/result/207902354.png

seems like u are synced to 256KBps line.uploading speed will be max 256KBps it was ealier 512KBps for 2MBps plans.if are downloading as a free user from rs,ms speed will depend on the popularity of the file (how many users are downloading the file).

seems like u are synced to 256KBps line.
uploading speed will be max 256KBps it was ealier 512KBps for 2MBps plans.
if are downloading as a free user from rs,ms speed will depend on the popularity of the file (how many users are downloading the file).

Dear Anu,

Many Thanks for your message. But, on the MTNL Tariff Site for DSL 599 it says DSL 599 512Kbps/upto 2Mbps Unlimited 1 GB Rs. 599/- Rs.0.80 (per MB)
MTNL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans

Item Number 8

Also, on my Triband Usage Login Page

Login Page it states the following:

ServiceType Plan Name Created on Status
ADSL DSL_TRIB_599 01-Dec-07 Active

Description:

Broad band Service with a Max Access Speed of 512 Kbps. Monthly Tariff is Rs.599, Monthly Free download is 1 GB. One Free Email ID with 4MB Space. Additional Usage Charges Rs. 0.80/MB.

Finally, How is it that i was getting 512 kbps from January 2007 - June 2007 but from the end of June it has suddenly changed to 256.

Have i been wrongly synced ?? Or Do I need a "Line Change and Modem Change" specially ??

I have approached a number of individuals and they all say that I should be getting 512 kbps on a 2 Mbps Plan as stated on the Tariff Website.

Finally, I am getting low download speeds on any site not just link-removed -- you name it like File Factory, Yousendit, Megashares, link-removed, and anything u can think of.

Is there anyone who can help me with this matter ?

I only took this plan because it is clearly mentioned 512 kbps on the MTNL Tariff Site, moreover under DSL 2399 i was getting 512 kbps right till the end of June !!

Any Help by anyone will be appreciated !!

I guess i will leave MTNL completely after a month if they cannot give me what has been clearly stated on their site.

Are they engaging in some kind of "Fraudulent Behaviour" -- saying one thing but doing another thing as has been clearly proved in two MTNL Triband Plans i have had bad experiences with.

It seems to me that for a few months, they give u excellent service and then after that everything starts to fall apart.

Hi Gabriel... according to the plan, u r entitled to a minimum of 512kbps bandwidth. And the burst being 2mbps. Which means that under normal circumstances, u shd be getting a bandwidth of 1.7 to 1.8 mbps generally.

If in ur modem page, ur downstream is synched to 256, then thats the problem. Call up 1504 and tell them to sync ur downstream to 2mbps and upstream to 512kbps. Also at the same time, file a complaint here:

MTNL MUMBAI :: COMPLAINT ONLINE

And if they do not respond in 2 days, write a mail to GM Broadband stating your docket number and telephone number.

This should be solved pretty quickly....

All the best!

Venkzs,Just for your info, MTNL now allows max upload limit of 256kbps to all. Its mentioned on their tariff page.

Check this page... point # 29

Introduction

It clearly mentions that for plans with download above 512kbps, the users are entitled for an upload speed of 512kbps. In Gabriel's case, his plan is 512kbps - upto 2mbps... which means he can get 512 kbps upload speed.

And BTW... I'm on 849 NU which is 256 kbps - upto 2 mbps - and I have 512 kbps upload.