PATHETIC SPEED OF BSNL FTTH

• Thread starter Thread starter ahamed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,481
installed ftth 7 days back, worked well for 4 days then the speed drastically reduced as shown, nobody from local BSNL side is responding!! this is the real status of BSNL now. UL 17.52Mb DL 0.26Mb
pncRY8obj

SdU5qGv.jpg

First, please confirm these first:
1) Does your ONT/ONU have a Gigabit LAN Port?
2) Is your router, if any, connected to the ONT/ONU a Gigabit router or not?
3) What were the UL &DL speeds when it was working fine?

@ahamed Which plan are you using - 50 or 100Mbps plan? The speeds you mentioned above were on LAN or WiFi? If WiFi, then 2.4Ghz or 5GHz?
If your ONU does not have a Gigabit port, you won't get upto 100Mbps on LAN.

@ahamed , if i understood correctly, that your lan speed is full 50, and 2.4 ghz WiFi speed is less...Usually, the WiFi device given is of a lesser quality and may have only limited capability.

Wifi speed depends on a number of factors. Range of router, interference, channel number, capability / distance of device using the WiFi etc etc. You could also try install an android app like wifi analyser to check if a) wifi signal strength is good. And b) If there is channel interference.

Perhaps these posts are helpful if you want to do a router upgrade.

Last edited:
You may try another router from a friend or neighbor to see if the issue is with the current router. If you are looking for a new router, I recommend a Mikrotik router. Costly, but we get regular security updates. I have MikroTik hap ac2. Two of them. Planning to buy hap when it becomes available again. This has less futures than hap ac2, though. I am still interested in it because of a poe output in it.

Using 50 Mbps plan, onu supports only 2.4 GHz wifi. Getting full speed at LAN only.
Due to interference, the uplink speed of a N300 2.4GHz wifi router reduces to 72Mbps(Can't remember the exact value). And the actual throughput is around 40 - 45Mbps only.