Pathetic Customer Support

• Thread starter Thread starter leolaser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,352

leolaser

ISP
MTNL - 749NU
I applied for a new Broadband connection in Bangalore on 8th Feb 06 and was gladly promised connection in 5-7 days by the Airtel sales person. When that did not materialize and after numerous discussions with the customer care executives, talk with the area manager (who does not take calls on his cell phone so easily) and area complaint incharge, I was told on 18th that the "trenching" is yet to be done. I finally got the connection on 20th.However - - The wiring was not properly done (left loose in my house)- The phone instrument was not provided (only an old standby instrument was provided), and- The speed was varying a lot, causing frequent disconnections.I was promised a resolution the next day, which I am still awaiting.Numerous call to the call centre, talks with the Team Leader, the Floor Incharge finally resulted in atleast 2-3 calls per day asking me to explain the problem again, and again, and again...But no one comes to solve the problems, even after promising "today eve", "tomm morning" etc etc.Is this what we can all look up to as the "Great Airtel Service Level Commitment".Can someone guide me to a escalation procedure for problems like these or maybe phone number of some senior level manager?Help Appreciated!Thanks!

hmm.....weird... very unlike their delhi counterparts... they are pretty prompt here, and are exceptionally good about wiring, telephone instruments etc... try shouting at them and don't pay any bill till they give you satisfactory service.. maybe even send them a letter to resolve these issues within say 4-5 days or refund whatever you have paid in entirety... DON'T write them an e-mail though... snail mail is taken more seriously, especially if addressed to someone senior.

no replys any where no complains any where ,if ur facing all this for what ever time ur connection is not working cut thatmuch from the bill.and remember for every complaint u file do take ref num it does help

my exp with Airtel has been good to date, no probs..It sounds like there is a line problem with your connection.

where are you located?