Pathetic Customer Care of Hathway

• Thread starter Thread starter techuser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,236

techuser

ISP
Hathway
This is just a feedback for people in Mumbai looking up to Hathway for Broadband usage, just want to warn you with unprofessional and worst customer care you'd get. The call center numbers aren't functional at all and people wouldn't respond back to you even after repetitive messages.So once your connection is down for whatever be the reason, you're on mercy of God to figure out what could have gone wrong and when it's going to be back. Stay away unless you don't have any other option.

Review:

Yes the customer care is not so good, but satisfactory here in Bangalore. Hathway Executives are good innovators, they've made good competitive tariff packages in my opinion. But the next level customer care associates are bit of unskillful - they don't know the power of customers. As far as my experience, they have been providing good service here in BANGALORE (not Mumbai). Some plans can be made further speeder.

Another current problem with hathway is DHCP Login, they could have used PPPoE technology. I would rate 3.5-4.0 out of 5. Service comparable with Airtel Broadband's in Bangalore. So if you are in Bangalore, then you can well have a Hathway Broadband/ or check Airtel. +point with hathway is that they have flaws, and i've heard(but not tried) people hacking hathway. Sometimes even the download meter doesn't increase - So you can download verymuch sometimes - Below FUP.

Edit: https://broadband.forum/hathway-broadband/78637-hathway-is-waste-internet-world/#post632590

good customer service.. compared to mtnl a million times better!

good customer service.. compared to mtnl a million times better!
MTNL service is not as bad as all make it out to be. The first line defence (1504) is not helpful, I agree. But if you contact the local exchange, work gets done, and very well done. For Hathway, except a few helpful local engineers whom you may know, most people are very high handed. Even the higher officers at the Lower Parel Office are absolutely hopeless and need lessons in etiquettes and need to understand basics of internet.
Actually speaking, in some suburbs, MTNL exchanges may be better than Hathway and in other suburbs, Hathway services may be better than MTNL; it is all very subjective

well, i found it pretty useless at the gamdevi exchange.. i wanted to change my plan, and the customer service respresentetive told me go to the main office. there, one of the people told me to go to 3rd floor. over there, they told me to go to 2nd floor, and ask for a person named 'Ravi". i asked some1 where he was, they tell me he is absent. WTF?!? well, hathway service is good for my area, tardeo. btw, does any1 know how is five network solutions in this area?

This is just a feedback for people in Mumbai looking up to Hathway for Broadband usage, just want to warn you with unprofessional and worst customer care you'd get. The call center numbers aren't functional at all and people wouldn't respond back to you even after repetitive messages.

So once your connection is down for whatever be the reason, you're on mercy of God to figure out what could have gone wrong and when it's going to be back. Stay away unless you don't have any other option.

I Totally Agree with you. "Pathetic" is the word. I recently had a problem with connection and after diagnosis the customer care agent concluded to send a engineer at my place to check into it. I logged the complaint on friday and the engineer showed up on thursday. The problem persisted for 6 days.
The customer care agents will answer the call within 2 rings, which is good, but end up sending only a reminder to the field engineer. This may go on for days. And No Supervisor or TL would talk to you. I asked for them and no one came forward to listed to me. The agent will also not share their company email ids saying " personal ids not shared". I wonder how this people work. And earn their salaries.
The engineer who came resolved the problem and shamelessly informed me that 4 other people in my locality had the same problem. So we all were suffering. He had no feedback form for me when he left.
I suppose their dept should be named Customer Uncare or whatever.

Hathway's download speed in Mumbai has gone pathetic since last couple of months. They purposely reduce the speed to 128kbps - 256kbps on Saturday, Sunday and on public holidays. Even if you are using 5 mbps connection the speed still drops to 128kbps - 256kbps, which is not even broadband. Even after complaining they refuse to accept the problem. No such thing is mentioned in their fair usage policy that the speed will be reduced to 128kbps -256 kbps on weekends and public holidays. Even the daily speed is not consistent through out the day. hathway has wrong ethics. They purposely reduce speed to save on bandwidth which is not acceptable. This is cheating.Complains to their nodal officers fall on deaf ears.