pathetic correspondence from LCO with my BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH

• Thread starter Thread starter bbuser2020
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1,422
ISP
BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband
Hi Everyone! I am from Bhubaneswar.

Since I am on WFH (after returning from Blore), I started exploring for broadband options in my area last month after realising Jio hotspot was proving very expensive for my usage.
After researching a lot, I finally decided to settle for BSNL FTTH.

I was on the verge of booking two other connections though,
(1) KNET 10 Mbps (rejected because they quoted an extremely delayed date for installation).
and..
(2) a LCO guy named Soumya Ranjan who claimed to provide any amongst Udayatel/Siti/RailTel (all unlimited upto 30 Mbps). He never came for installation though despite multiple follow-ups and didn't attend my calls later.

I finally enquired at a departmental store nearby who said they can provide the contact details of a guy (an agent/LCO) who provides BSNL connection in my area. P.S - I presume this is what is called last mile connectivity.

Now, BSNL Bharat Fibre FTTH was installed in 3 days but then a galore of issues surfaced:
1. The departmental store would turn off the ONT while shutting his store (during lockdown at night), and the entire night, there would be no internet. This continued for 1/1.5 weeks.
2. Landline lays un-provisioned. The LCO guys (old father and young son duo) come up with excuses every time and has started to ignore calls and messages (very recently). Previously, he resorted to talking rudely and saying other people are suffering too. According to him, the concerned person at Khandagiri Exchange office has not been coming to office since a month and files lay on his table (waiting to be approved).
3. Sudden & Long internet downtimes (especially in the night)
4. LCO have inserted wrong address (noticed when I got my bill). They said they would be correcting but alas never did!

I have now realised that on the long run, this relationship & cat-mouse chase of getting my concerns addressed would never work. On the sidelines, I have been contacting on all possible support channels (including Twitter Seva, grievance filing on portal, appelate authority upto Tier 2), since the last 20 days, but not a single person ever responded. All I have been given is a complaint docket number on June 12.

Although the speed of my connection is great (50 Mbps UL&DL with 500 GB bandwidth), I am totally frustrated and very unhappy with this investment. They have charged Rs. 3500 for modem (non-refundable) for Syrotech GPON 1110 WDONT.

I would truly appreciate if you guys can suggest me some ISP options or any action that I should take.

Thanks!

Last edited: