Patanjali & Baba Ramdev

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 673
  • Views Views 86,127
  • Tags Tags
    scamdev
So I finished reading Godman To Tycoon book today. Nobody would touch Pathanjali products after they read it. No wonder they got book banned in India. I don't know whether the ban has been lifted. Was able to get one copy after some searching.

https://the-ken.com/ramdev-billion-dollar-idea/

Desi jeans... Hmmm. I believe this will start the downfall of Pathanjali. Fashion is one complex and completely different industry than FMCG.

Most of the fashion stuff sold in India is made by Indian companies themselves. So the point of desi brand advantage doesn't arise. And he can't keep price low at all. Dead stock is a huge problem in this industry to do something like he did in FMCG. People don't buy clothes as often like daily needs. Unless he does fast fashion brand, I don't see Pathanjali making dent in the market.

When Patanjali reaches saturation state... they will launch IPO and have more money.

So downfall is long way to go. Many many years.

Patanjali and IPO. LoL. Anything can happen as long as the present govt is in the centre.

Honestly, I don't think they are even maintaining proper books.

No I dont mean IPO will be any soon. I am talking about future. If there is saturation (i.e. the growth they are achieving right now is no more happening) then that time they will launch IPO (with offer for sale of shares held by promoters).