Patanjali & Baba Ramdev

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 676
  • Views Views 86,905
  • Tags Tags
    scamdev
NEW DELHI: Five months after first mooting the idea of a new national school board on the lines of CBSE to "Indianise" education, yoga guru Baba Ramdev has sent a detailed proposal to Union human resource development minister Smriti Irani.

Ramdev's close associate Acharya Balkrishna met Irani in Delhi last month to discuss the proposal and submit a report on the yoga guru's behalf.

Speaking exclusively to ET, Balkrishna said he met the minister on April 9. The proposed board will allow affiliated schools to offer a blend of the traditional 'gurukul' system and modern education, he added.

"This is not just our view. We have done a lot of research and found that several consultations of the government with the states and other consultative bodies such as CABE (Central Advisory Board of Education) have found that there is a need for an education system that is a mix of modern curriculum and Indian culture and values. We have collected all of these suggestions to make a strong case for our idea," said Balkrishna.

According to Balkrishna the proposal is based on the model followed by Acharyakulam, the school run by Ramdev in Haridwar that was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi in April 2013, when he was the Gujarat CM. It has about 400 boys and girls in classes five to seven studying Sanskrit, the Vedas and the Shastras along with the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) curriculum prescribed by most school boards in the country.

Baba Ramdev sends proposal to Smriti Irani to offer blend of gurukul system and modern education - The Economic Times

So now will he be called as

Baba Dr. Ramdev

OR

Dr. Baba Ramdev

OR

Dr. Ramdev

OR

Baba Ramdev Doctor?

OR

Dr. Baba

Last edited:
is this new? because from my understanding it has been on sale for a while now.
patanjali sells a lot of things. from toothpaste to masalas to aata to oil to soaps to everything you would imagine from a company like hindustan level. you can buy anti-wrinkle cream, biscuits, cow ghee and what not.
and... maggi is not the only noodle in town. people eat maggi because they like its taste. not because it is the only option available to them. i hate maggi. but i love nissin cup noodles. so i buy them. it does not matter to me if maggi is available or not.

True that.. Ya it's a new launch. I guess the supposed 'health' angle associated with the brand would encourage moms to force it on kids cravings for Maggie. Totally agree that preference and association with a brand has lot of factors going into it and it's not an easy switchover.. Just that with controversy and political associations in this country brands get made. .. Opportunistic move I must say. Their products are quite popular with the masses but sadly being over commercialized and going down quality standards .. Waiting for the day when Patanjali somras and Divya beer is launched.. haha

Yep I doubt Maggi ban has anything to do with Ramdev or Patanjali.

Baba Ramdev products are not advertised from business angle.

Only those who want ayeurvedic type products would go for their products.

Haha..'gau mutra' ..good one!
Nothing against them per se and in a way doing good manufacturing and promoting indian goods..my issue is that they start off as health promoting and disease curing entity with prime focus on yoga and breath but increasingly are becoming a consumer goods manufacturer essentially driven by market with a tag of health and competing with brands.People will switchover to his brand of candy's but essentially candy is a candy.same is with juices..idea is to promote health and refrain from overusing such product but focus is just on such competing new products that are tasty.the medicinal benefit of a substance is being commercialized to increase consumption rather than using it as a medicine or promoting health

Ramdev launches atta noodles before Maggi returns
Man, do I smell a conspiracy against nestle Maggie!!! Were they banned because of Ramdev. Let's send this link to OrKnob Goswami... [emoji14]
I hope you know that India being a 3rd world country has very lousy laws of food adultration on top of that nobody cares if wrong products are being sold and are dangerous.

Atleast somewhere somebody took a stand on a wrong product, at least it is a good start.

When pesticides were found in coke Pepsi, can you tell me which company admitted it's fault?

Was that a conspiracy?

Do you think any multinational admits it's faults? When it's found that they have been flouting laws due to lousy Indian implementation of laws combined with their greed which prevents them to control quality at best levels compared with 1st world countries?

Do you even know there are entirely different factories to produce products for a 1st world countries and 3rd world countries?

Do you know there is huge quality difference in both types of products?

Sorry man.. By no means wanted to hurt anyone or suggest conspiracy.. Was just joking around.. Found the idea of 'ayurvedic maggie' funny and was making fun of arnab in a good way.. Nothing against anyone.. Just posted it as I found the news interesting..
Totally agree with what you said above and would humbly like to add that same holds for all ayurvedic /organic/health foods manufacturers too and no authority of substance exists that is well equipped to check grade or judge their safety standards.