'.PASSIVE_SDK/' folder using up space

• Thread starter Thread starter maven--
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 7,531
Unstable Internal memory after the new update!! - Lenovo Community
[HELP!!]Storage increasing repeatedly!! - Lenovo Community

You'd think it would be confined to some motorola phones, but my Galaxy A5 also has the issue.

I wonder if anybody else has come across this issue with a hidden folder '.PASSIVE_SDK' using up all the internal storage.
The folder grows as more space is freed up. Mine seemed to contain a zip file, coming up at close to 1 GB. This is a hidden folder, and does not show up in the built-in file manager.
There is also this folder called .PASSIVE_VERSION/ which has a small xml with references to myjio. The folders reappear after installing myjio.
It has been extremely frustrating to live with 15 MB left for weeks. I was left unable to download anything, and had to deal with uninstalling apps endlessly to free up space. Needless to say, playstore and the gallery refused to work.

Besides, the app doesn't even have much to offer, the website being better in almost every aspect.
The only reason to keep it installed, as opposed to visit the site in the browser is if you like their ads in your notifications.

This app hasn't changed a bit all year, functionally. In fact, you can try version 3000, which has coverage maps (disabled now), so the app has actually regressed since their first june 22 2016 public release. They are otherwise functionally identical, and still works flawlessly.

Last edited:
This is Reliance Jio page. No off topic .

Perhaps my writing hasn't been as clear as it should be, but everything suggests that the myjio app is responsible. It is possible that you have aversion towards any negative light cast on your beloved service provider, but it is simply ridiculous that a production version behaves in this manner.

You must supplement your argument with your reasoning, I have deleted the files, uninstalled the app, and then after re-installation, the files reappear a while. That is clearly enough evidence to make this relevant to jio. Please set your personal convictions aside, look at the situation objectively. This bloody happened to me, you have to trust me. Download some file manager from the store, enable hidden files, look for the folder yourself. To suggest that RJIL has nothing to do with the behavior of their applications is simply ridiculous. How can you possibly convince yourself that this is the case, despite all the evidence?
I will not accept your disagreement, since you provide no reasoning to back your conclusions.

Post. Is. Not. Off. Topic.
EDIT: On second thought, I should have phrased the title better, but that does not change the fact that I have verified that myjio creates these folders. This is not an isolated incident, there are others affected, I do not agree to this blatant abuse of my poor phone. Mine had well over a gigabyte stored in the folders. Yep, I am very angry, furious that they could even let this happen.

Last edited: