Parliament to pass bill to curb BCCI's powers?

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
It needs to be curbed. It needs to be brought under the provisions of RTI. Without any sort of qualification that bloody Sharad Pawar is sitting at the top post there. not only there, but at ICC also! :O

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
I wonder if Sharad Pawar will let it pass till he is BCCI chief

moindear

Internet addict!
Regulars
May 5, 2009
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
Great news. Dont know how many scams will come out.But BCCI shud still be autonomous but under Rti else it will become like all other sport bodies in India

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
Neither it is working as great even now! Atleast people who say "This is BCCI XI & not India XI", will have to find a different reason!

bbfreak

Regular
Regulars
Aug 6, 2011
One thing to note here if BCCI comes under RTI then the selection process will also under preview. The flip side to this after RTI anybody why A was chosen and why not B?It will have both positives and negatives.

rockingtushar

Regular
Regulars
Dec 5, 2010
BCCI is the most powerful sports body in the world and abuses its powers at the international level. There is rampant corruption in the low level cricket matches being conducted in india. I think BCCI should be under RTI but it is an independent body so i think even if the government passes such a bill it will be struck down by the supreme court.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
If BCCI is not taking any grants from the government as they claim to - and I would believe that is indeed the case - I don't think they should be brought under RTI. This would set a bad precedent as then any private body can be brought under this

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
They are taking all sorts of benefits. Sharad Pawar helped BCCI get a tax waiver at 2011 World Cup. More importantly, they represent "India" when they play cricket. They dont represent "BCCI". they dont represent any Private body. They represent nation.