Pain of getting a static ip from airtel

• Thread starter Thread starter shahidcodes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,104
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fibre
I requested a static IP for weeks now. But all that happens is, the technician calls and asks for an order id which I don't have and 121 does not give it to me, then they reschedule for eternity. Happened to me many times. I mailed to the Telangana nodal officer, I got the same automated reply from them that it'll be resolved in 48 hours. Nothing happened
What was your experience? Is there anything I can do?

@shahidcodes prepaid or postpaid connection?

@shahidcodes what plan are you on? There's a post on this forum that says 100 Mbps (200?) or lower plans do net get a static IP. Not sure if this is true but just saying. You may want to check. Also if you are on a LCO connection it may be difficult to get a static IP.

A static IP took me about 4 days to get. The tech called me up gave the config and I had to input the details in my router. It was pretty seamless once I received the info. I was on prepaid connection, went to post paid after an upgrade and now back to prepaid if that makes any difference.

I’m on postpaid I think. I’m on the lowest plan right now that’s 499/m. I paid for 6 months as part of free installation package

This is the hassle we all have to go through for a static IP.
For some it was just a small time service disruption for some, it was a month-long hassle like you.
From what I understand, your issue has just started.
You still have to go through the pain of finding out the IP config, finding a well-skilled technician to configure it, and then finally a service disruption for God Knows how long.
Or, simply cancel the request. 😐

1. You wont get static IP if youre from lco city(prepaid connection).
2. It will take minimum 1 day and maximum 1 week to get it activated, the moment you apply for static IP you will be assigned and your pppoe session will stop, means no internet. The best way to get your ip address, gateway and subnet mask is contacting the senior engineer of airtel who assigns tasks and operations in that particular area.
3. Plan doesnt matter if youre opting for static IP, I had it at 40Mbps plan.

@shahidcodes what plan are you on? There's a post on this forum that says 100 Mbps (200?) or lower plans do net get a static IP. Not sure if this is true but just saying. You may want to check. Also if you are on a LCO connection it may be difficult to get a static IP.

A static IP took me about 4 days to get. The tech called me up gave the config and I had to input the details in my router. It was pretty seamless once I received the info. I was on prepaid connection, went to post paid after an upgrade and now back to prepaid if that makes any difference.
Wait, you can shift from prepaid to postpaid and back? How??

Via the app..again let me say mine is a direct connection..no LCO. So it may be different for LCO connection. Please confirm with Airtel or LCO.

. It will take minimum 1 day and maximum 1 week to get it activated, the moment you apply for static IP you will be assigned and your pppoe session will stop, means no internet. The best way to get your ip address, gateway and subnet mask is contacting the senior engineer of airtel who assigns tasks and operations in that particular area.
This is total BS. I use my PPPoE connection to date along with Static IP. There hasn't been a single minute of PPPoE not working. Even @Chip can confirm this.

Bro I cannot get a v6 IP if I used a static v4..tried several times. I use pfSense.