Page Monitor for Google Chrome

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Nothing special but I tried it today to keep an eye on the Addic7ed subtitles page for Dexter and it just pinged me that the page was updated.

Just what I needed. You might want to check this app out in case you have a similar need. 🙂

Page Monitor

This extension allows your browser to monitor changes to web pages for you. It can inform you whenever a particular page changes without you having to go and check every time.

To use, simply go to a page you would like to monitor, click on the Page Monitor icon and select "Monitor This Page". You're done! Now whenever this page changes, the monitor icon will display a notification on its badge. Of course, you can repeat this for any number of pages.

https://imgur.com/eioJf

Such addons exists for firefox atleast since 2008!! 😀

Certain addons can email you when page changes.

page monitor firefox - Google Search

So many addons - update scanner, alertbox, check4change

Another reason why firefox is way ahead.

did i say that this extension on chrome is brand new 😕

i just needed one today and found this one and it worked great for my own use. of course firefox is older than chrome and has better support for more powerful extensions. so more extensions are available on firefox with better capabilities.

do i need to highlight the fact that chrome is now used by more people globally. and in india as well? even on this forum it is much ahead of firefox.

https://imgur.com/Afv5u

No the point I was trying to raise is. People compared chrome with firefox just based on speed.And un-fairly discounted firefox's features.And now same people (not just pointing to you) get amused by certain addon in chrome.My point here is that I have always noticed that whenever firefox releases a new feature which is there in chrome.. you quickly point it out. Now that I am pointing out a existing addon for firefox... u get annoyed and reply with above tone! 😀Now here u admit that firefox has better capabilities. But u didnt do that when u compared FF and chrome just on basis of speed. I have always said people comparing chrome and firefox have never been fair. You just cant compare firefox with chrome.About chrome being used more. One of the reason is, above "mis-comparison".And biggest reason is THERE IS GIANT CALLED GOOGLE behind chrome with massive PR/marketing.

i know a lot of people who stick with firefox because of the add-ons. i do not see anyone using chrome just for the add-ons. google for example does not allow youtube downloading apps on their chrome web store. they have made it hard for users to use addons from third party sites. no such problem on firefox. add-ons remain the weakest aspect of chrome simply because google does not offer the same level of capability as firefox does.

chrome does well because of the google's marketing force behind it. it is promoted on google.com and tons of their services.

i am not saying chrome is a superior product. i am just saying i prefer chrome over firefox and apparently the marketing works because it has become the world's most popular browser according to some analytic companies.

and yes. there is no denying in a fact that firefox copies a lot of stuff from chrome. their new user interface is literally a copy of chrome. am i lying? no.

and i also call chrome when it copies features from firefox like for this change: https://broadband.forum/software/33879-google-chrome-updates-141.html#post674134 though i did not mention it here. i do mention on the blog post:

This new design seems very similar to the new tab page in Mozilla Firefox which also focuses on the search box.

Google testing an alternative new tab page in Chrome!

but i would also not accept that firefox is a superior web browser. working with tabs on firefox is still a nightmare. opera does it the best. chrome comes second for me. rendering of fonts in firefox is much better than on chrome. no doubts about it. but the issues in firefox are too big for me. pretty happy with chrome-opera combo for my own workflow.

in the end, i am happy as long as people use firefox or chrome over internet explorer. i have nothing against firefox. my problem with your response is that you responded with firefox is superior in a thread that had nothing to do with firefox. i start my first post saying NOTHING SPECIAL. i just talked about a chrome app that worked for me. nothing more.

and as for comparing firefox and chrome. you are comparing the two browsers on the basis of support for third party apps. i compare the two on the basis of usability as a web browser. would you use firefox as your default browser without the add-ons? chrome on the other hand is a fantastic browser out of the box and that is a good reason why it is a good browser for newbies who do not really have any use for add-ons.

firefox fixed a major flaw with it regarding automated updates. it now deliver updates similarly to chrome in the background. which is an essential thing for newbies. chrome has done it since day one. why this is important? because you can install it on a relative's machine and you can be sure that he would have access to the latest version of the browser without anyone bothering to manually approve the update or anything like that.

Just the latest app to get acquired by a crappy company. The new company VisualPing replaced the perfectly fine original version with their shitty app. People are pretty angry. Someone seems to have uploaded the previous version on the Chrome Web Store. Not sure if it's safe.

Page Monitor Plus - Chrome Web Store

Also just noticed that the new owner appears to have uploaded the previous version in another listing.

Page Monitor - Chrome Web Store