Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 191,616

anshu

Dear All,

To get rid of Slow speed complaint calls from customers, Airtel has launched 2 new DNS servers,

Primary DNS: 202.56.215.54

Alternate DNS: 202.56.215.55

if you are using old dns servers, & fedup of slow speed problem, use these DNS addresses... it will resolve the problem.

umm how are new dns servers going to fasten my connection!i am talking about raw surfing speeds here.

QUOTE(zewarrior @ Jan 16 2007, 04:18 PM) [snapback]75435[/snapback]
Slow speeds are due to bandwidth restrictions and not Airtel DNS servers.[/b]

Dear,

Airtel has bandwidth restriction due to the problem with optical fibre cable damage.. it is in process of resolution, airtel has launched the new DNS servers to bypass the load on existing servers. bandwidth restriction is other thing which is plan specific...

^DNS servers just RESOLVE hostnames to IP addresses. THROUGHPUT once they have been resolved is not affected. No more discussions about DNS servers pls!

well airtel's existing dns servers are already congested. so this would help a little bit.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Jan 16 2007, 04:57 PM) [snapback]75444[/snapback]
well airtel's existing dns servers are already congested. so this would help a little bit.[/b]

Yes.. initially when you visit a site for the first time, name resolution would occur faster but after it has been resolved it is stored in your cache. We are getting slow speeds (while downloading) because of bandwidth limitations. DNS has no relevance here.

Yes ... the load on their existing DNS servers is reduced, doesnt affect our bandwidth though. Anyway the two servers arent pingable...wonder why!

I can like connect to the net but no fast speeds..........getting the normal..........thats is slow speeds haha

servers r working but not pinging .......strangemoreover there's no need to switch to these servers manually coz, these r the default dns being assigned to us by airtel.

Yeah, defaul dns servers are wat Sushubh mentioned....Just tried the alterante dns as mentioned in this thred, still not working 🙁Anyone else has had any luck with them ?

Lol my earlier post was wrong.....i typed them somewhere and thought i had saved them etc....Earlier post was a mistake sorry