Package Rates In Future?

• Thread starter Thread starter waveking
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 6,095

waveking

ISP
Airtel Surf 749
Hi, rs. 200 is a great rate at the moment, but any idea what we will need to pay when this promo period ends?what might i need to pay to Tata Sky if i want to watch my fav channels such as:star moviesstar worldmtvhbondtv profitaaj taksonysab tvcartoon networkdiscovery

I don't think picking indivudual channels will be economical, for example Sony, Discovery and Sab TV will probably cost almost as much as the whole Sony One alliance package.Most people will probably go for a package with all channels costing around Rs. 400 unless you can just pick channels from some particular bouquets and cut out othes entirely.Of course it all depends on how Tata Sky package their channels.

i still believe CAS is more feasable. At rs 5 a channel, I can just get 20 of the channels i like and bring the cable bill down to around 220.

i havent bought Tata Sky bcos of the future rates. Even if they give some idea like it wont cost above 300 rs for the same channels what they are offering now, it would be good enough.

and i do not like the idea of paying in advance for the locked stb which wont support competing dth services.

The wise thing to do is persist with the present cable for another 6 months and see how the services like dth ,cas and iptv come up. By then we will have a better idea about what thing is relatively better and we can then make a choice accordingly.

I pay 100 rs for 105 channels to my cable operator which includes all pay channels and have 2 tvs in home with reasonably good quality. Can get it for 75 Rs. from another cable operator...yea I said 75, thats competition for you. Tell me if any DTH can give anything like that ie 100 Rs. for 105 channels and on 2 tvs.

Sir jee !! 😛 where do you stay we all are shifting there :lol:

South Delhi..lolActually my cable operator has taken the connection from other cable operator (Run by SpectraNet) and I believe is paying lump sum money to them. Now since cable opearator doesn't really have to pay per channels or worry too much about the taxes or maintaing dishs etc. He can afford to give connection cheaply.Hes not alone who has done that, there r many others who have done this and are charging ranging from 100 - 150 Rs.

QUOTE(maahkaal @ Oct 20 2006, 01:46 PM) [snapback]66085[/snapback]
The wise thing to do is persist with the present cable for another 6 months and see how the services like dth ,cas and iptv come up. By then we will have a better idea about what thing is relatively better and we can then make a choice accordingly.
[/b]

cable will turn to CAS in 2months. so no more CABLE! 😉

Yeah. genexed... once Cable turns to CAS in 2 months.. then you won't be getting it so cheap anymore!

Hmmm..future rates.....current "introductory rate" of Rs.200/- plus zee channels obtained for Rs 75/- + Neo sports bouquet Rs.58/-. This takes the total to Rs 333/- . Add any further profit from the Zee & Neo bouquets and also get into "Normal price" mode from "Introductory Price" mode. It is likely to touch & probably cross Rs.400/- as kreacher said. Their website shows a picture of Rs.550/- voucher - could that be a hint

their introductory offer is already including zee.star they get free (u can say) but lets count 27rs (as zee got star for 27rs)Sony say again around 65rs (not sure). then zee 75rs.so total abt 170rs for current package. plus consider the profit they earnfrom 4000rs they charge from STB etc. which must be atleast 2000rsbecause they made bulk purchases. just like reliance was giving mobilewhich they claimed to be of 10000rs and later within 6 months they weregiving same mobile for 500rs only!!so i suppose basic package should remain around 200rs. nobody will makeswitch if their price remain same as cable ops. it has to be less.

Amish - I disagree that the 200 is including Zee. It is a temporary thing that they have decided not to add the Zee package cost to the 200. As it clearly mentions at their website, it will be for four months that would not charge extra for any new channels added, and Zee was indeed added later(within 4 months though). If we go by your logic, even Neo has been added now (Rs 58), so is the 200 including that too? . I don't think so. I would be the first one (after introductory period is over) to go for Tata Sky if the price remains at 200, but I am sure it will be much more. so I will wait for their shemes/packages to be announced.

this weekend there was a person giving demo on Tata Sky in a mall, and he said that after introductory period the cost per month would be 260 Rs and showed me the card of that value.