Microsoft Outlook Updates

I think the username should be only the username part, ie: skip the @dataone.in.

In xxx@dataone.in, type only xxx as your username.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks verymuch
but sir I have entered only username excluding @dataone.in still cannot access...

Hi,

I have since the past two months using Triband Services of MTNL in Mumbai.

I have configured my company email ID on Office outlook 2003 and have been having problems sending mail.

The best part is the mailbox provided by mtnl does not work either. I have been able to receive mail on MTNL account as well as Company mail Account.

Worst part is, sometime the mail goes through. But at times all mail bounces back. I have been trying to contact 1504 but 10 or 12 pass / fail agents who go by the book provided to them to troubleshoot cannot understand the seriousness of the problem. Moreover, they have no sense of decency as they are not educated.

So keeping track of what mail has gone or what hasn't is a nightmare. My work is suffering because of this.

I have been trying to send mail to the GM-Internet through the MTNL account, Even that does not seem to go through.

I keep getting a delivery report saying:-

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

This happens most of the time....

or

550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: gmbbmtnlmbi@mtnl.net.in

...mind you the PA to GM gave me the email ID

At times this:-

Please check the recipients e-mail address before you try again: gmcallcenter@mtnl.net.in

Personally given to me by the GM - Call center, when I called him last week to complain the poor response from the HelpDesk that he is heading.

At time I get this message :-

Sorry, I couldn't find any host named yahoo.co.in'. (#5.1.2)

I know there are experienced users out there who can help me.

I am sure there are many like me who are having problems, but dont know whom to ask.

Thanks in advance for any help suggestions provided.

Regards
Dandy

This doesn't seem to be a problem with MTNL.

MTNL doesn't require a POP3 mail client (like MS Outlook 2003) to have it's SMTP server (for outgoing mail) set to it's own address, if you're using a different email provider.

Which means, if you use MTNL, Yahoo, or Gmail, for example, here's how you would configure the servers...

MTNL
Incoming mail: pop.mtnl.net.in
POP3 Port: 110

Outgoing mail: smtp.mtnl.net.in (server requires authentication)
SMTP Port: 25

Incoming / Outgoing server account name should be: yourusername@mtnl.net.in

Also see http://web1.mtnl.net.in/internetservices/configuremail.html
Doesn't have instructions for MS Outlook 2003, but it's the same settings.

Yahoo (regional)
Incoming mail: pop.mail.yahoo.co.in
POP3 Port: 110

Outgoing mail: smtp.mail.yahoo.co.in
SMTP Port: 25

Gmail (uses SSL encryption)
Incoming mail: pop.gmail.com
POP3 Port: 995

Outgoing mail: smtp.gmail.com (server requires authentication)
SMTP Port: 465

Check if you have entered the correct configuration for your work email

If the settings are correct, check whether you have a software firewall installed.
If your firewall, anti-virus, or spam filter is not configured correctly, it would interfere with sending/receiving email.

Once you've checked all the settings, it's time to test.
Send a test email to yourself from Outlook using both your work and MTNL accounts

Also, after a failed attempt to send email, look for an error number.
Should be something like 0x800CCC** (where ** can be OD,OF,OE, etc...)
We could help you better with the error code to find out where the problem lies.

The MTNL staff are not trained on Microsoft products, so it isn't a surprise that you don't get any help from them. They are an Internet Service Provider. If you can get on the internet and browse and check you messages through Webmail, then you've got no issues with your connection.

If a particular program like MS Outlook doesn't work well, try using Outlook Express, or Mozilla Thunderbird.

Finally, the terminology used in these error messages (like 'illegal') are quite misleading. You could have a genuine email address of the Prime Minister and still receive such error messages.

Hotmail accounts older than 2 years now have 1 GB storage
Google might have changed the webmail market scene with the launch of the Gmail service 2 years ago, but things are changing slowly for Hotmail users.
Microsoft has just announced that they are enhancing the storage capacities of hotmail accounts to 1 GB now. However, this [...]

https://broadband.forum/archives/2006/1...l-1-gb-storage/

Migrated to MTNL broadband 256kbps unltd plan.Earlier was using hathway cable internet.Using outlook express for accesing emails : -------GMAIL is easy to send & receive mails without any probs as was earlier with hathway cable internet, but the prob is I am not able to send & receive messeges thru my official mail (provider : net4mail) using mtnl broadband. wts the probbbbbbbbbbbany1 plz guide.......i am fed up, 1504 guys dont kno any bloody thing, they say use our mail.......& forget all ure old contacts...crazyhelp plz thnx in advnce

right ppl to contact is net4mail.they might have blocked mtnl ips. if gmail works this should too.also get yahoo.co.in account and check if pop3/smtp works on it.then u can fire net4mail ppl. its not mtnl's fault.good luckmtnl does not block any ports 25 or 110 or even any port!its the mail servers which block mtnl ips.

QUOTE(qqqqqq @ Feb 3 2007, 09:34 PM) [snapback]78451[/snapback]
Migrated to MTNL broadband 256kbps unltd plan.

Earlier was using hathway cable internet.

Using outlook express for accesing emails : -------

GMAIL is easy to send & receive mails without any probs as was earlier with hathway cable internet, but the prob is I am not able to send & receive messeges thru my official mail (provider : net4mail) using mtnl broadband.

wts the probbbbbbbbbbb

any1 plz guide.......i am fed up, 1504 guys dont kno any bloody thing, they say use our mail.......& forget all ure old contacts...crazy

help plz

thnx in advnce[/b]

I think u will find ur answer @ http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/triband/htm/emailrestr.html Even I cannot send mail using my VSNL email-id