Other people registering my email ID with banks etc - what to do?

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 959
I have multiple instances of different people with similar names as mine providing my email address when signing up for stuff like credit cards or broadband internet etc and these places don't bother sending OTP or verification links to confirm and directly register it in their systems.

So I regularly get emails with things like billing statements, transaction alerts etc.

I shudder to think banks like HDFC, ICICI, Axis, Kotak etc don't verify.

As a quick fix I just blocked the email addresses of these except for those companies where I also actually have an account LOL.

So what is a good way to get these people to unregister my email ID and hopefully NOT re-register when some new idiot comes along and provides my email address again?

Today I went ahead and filed a complaint on the cyber crime portal just for kicks for one of these companies sending me final reminders for overdue bills with payment links and repeating this even after I replied to them to explain the situation and them saying "ok i will check this". Let's see what happens heh.

I have multiple dorks registering their COVID vaccines, online purchases etc using my mobile #. So far nobody has attempted to register with my email address(es). Fingers crossed.

You are getting emails from Indian banks. I get emails from a pakistani bank called silk bank. Not to mention some foreign hotel sending me a thank you for staying at their place & sending me their other offers and deals

That reminded me of the time I got a Goa hotel booking confirmation email which kindly provided a booking link which I was able to use to cancel it. I hope that person arrived at the hotel with no place to stay.