Oriental Bank Of Commerce

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,658
When you get your online banking activated, you have to wait for at least 15 days to get the password sent to you.When you log in to your account, you have to create a new password and that expires in some months.I changed my password as it expired, and now I don't remember it.I have to visit the branch again to get a new password and yeah, it would take 15 or something days again.Citi never asks me to change my password, never. I mean, if someone steals my password that's my fault? And I would say that's far more better than changing the password again and again, remembering log in password and transaction passwords at the same time. Both the two passwords cannot be the same, I mean, what the hell?Thankfully I do remember the ATM pin and I can issue Checks to a different account right now to get over the leet Government Over Taking Bank.By the way, I contacted to customer care and when I heard,"Sir password register nai na kiye thay na sir"."Ap bhool gaye hain? Likhe nai thay ka".I realized what kind of a mistake I did by opening an account with this bank.I repent :mask:

Love this about our banks. Would force password change every few weeks/months. Would take weeks to deliver it.

Actually, I did open SBI account.
Opened it left Rs 1000 in it and forgot about it, what exactly might have happened to it? :numbness:

I have 2 accounts with OBC in 2 cities. Service has been excellent. Accounts opened in 2003 (when it was in the Global Trust avatar)
I have been fortunate enough since this is only a normal savings account with no internet banking or phone banking facilities asked for.
I do maintain a sizeable balance in these accounts and do not wish to be subject to any modes where money is likely to be siphoned off.
(The onus now is on the banks to prove any hankypanky)
Only have a chequebook.. not even an ATM card. The only product I have taken from them is fixed deposits and a bank locker.
Govt Banks are only good for these things. Go to private banks in case you need netbanking / phone banking.
Works fine for me. IDBI is excellent for netbanking / ATM services.

Actually, I did open SBI account. Opened it left Rs 1000 in it and forgot about it, what exactly might have happened to it? :numbness:
did you register for netbanking? if not then goto the branch, fill a form and they'll give you the username/password and then you can manage the account online.

I find SBI as the best in Govt banks.
No issues so far.
But for things like updating mobile number, we need to visit the branch for that. Even HDFC Bank has the same policy