India Post Updates

For example... rtionline.gov.in does not work in Firefox on Windows because the certificate issued is not recognized globally. Microsoft appears to have approved it on its own probably because Indian government asked them to. So IE/EDGE/Chrome does not show any errors.

ytmcdu.png

The site is malfunctioning since the last three days. And now it is completely down.

qLpCO4Y.png

i still hope with all the money that is coming in, they can at least buy electric scooters for postmen.

i am confused though. there is no issue on firefox on windows. firefox does not use windows' list. chrome use windows' list. so even if microsoft had approved of this certification authority, firefox on windows should still be showing the same error that chrome is showing on android.

They are using a certificate issued by a well trusted certifying authority, however the problem is that its not installed correctly. The certificates issued to websites are not actually signed by the root certificate present in the browser/OS certificate stores, but by an intermediate certificate which in turn is signed by the root certificate in the trust stores.

A properly configured website would include the intermediate certificate also, which would allow the browser to validate the certificate chain and establish trust, thereby avoiding the warning. Unfortunately the intermediate certificate is missing for this site.

However the certificate is just one of the many problems, Qualys SSLLabs gives the site an F rating due to insecure configuration -- SSL Server Test: www.indiapost.gov.in (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)

zu9SKKs.png

Just managed to place an order. Few interesting things. Website is of course shit. Expected considering TCS is in charge of it. Account creation process requires you to verify your email address and phone number. Password requirements are hard. But you cannot have a password longer than 6 alphabets! Gangajal is priced at zero but you pay for shipping. 151 for 500ml bottle. You cannot order more than one bottle at one time. There are four different variants so I assume you can order four of them. I did not try. The four variants are 500ml and 200ml of Gangajal from Gangotri and Rishikesh. Payment gateway is from Citibank. My order was processed. No cash on delivery option available. Let's see if and when it arrives.

considering empty bottle cost Rs.5+ Rs.5 packing. DTDC wholesale charges Rs.40-50 for 0.5kg anywhere in india. Thats Rs.90-100 profit.
Good business idea. How to make sure they really sending ganga jal not bisleri water? any site pic?

god knows. they could be filling the water in bottles at the local post office for delivery as well.

no progress since the date of the order. website shows pending. has been 15+ days.

I had to google search to reach this thread.

A couple of parcels had to arrive to my house via speed post. I got a call from the post man mentioning i had to come collect the parcel from the post office as it was big in size asked on why he was not able to deliver his reply was will not fit on the cycle. The post office was near my home hence my father was able to collect the parcel but this was poor service. If they, do not have money to hire a delivery vehicle they might as well refuse to accept big sized boxes for delivery .

tbh, it's not like the babu at your local post office has any purchasing power. 🙂

at least here in gurgaon, they have started hiring autos for larger packages. maybe they are not even allowed to do this in cities where there are not enough ecommerce packages. one of my larger package from Amazon, i think it was the mi air purifier filter replacement came through india post in an auto. the guy said that they just hire an auto when enough packages have collected at a post office. it was hilarious.