Optimum Rx power

• Thread starter Thread starter unkind
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 3,142
ISP
Excitel
Hello,please can some one tell me what is the optimum/best RX power of Fibre for Online Gaming?
Mine is around 27-28 DBMS....I have read that for smooth connection it must be Above -26dbms....
(Corrected sorry )

Last edited:
not below, above.

Anywhere between -18 and -28 dBm is good enough for upto 1Gbps passive.
Latency is not affected and gaming is not bandwidth heavy. You can use QoS to optimize multi-player.

But I have seen,if by chance pon's power increases game becomes extremely smooth,but around 26-28 game feels heavy..
I Contacted lco but he is saying that he cannot increase because he needs to draw extra power for that and will not do unless some new connection application comes

Excitel is trash bro, you cant expect good things from them. I have seen it go from -22 to -27dBm in just a week resulting in frequent disconnections and packet loss.

Very Soon i will Get the connection cut off,shit service and Support from them btw I have here jio,airtel,Sify,Siti etc what do you suggest??

Increasing RX rate should not affect performance and is purely placebo and the real reason for degradation is due to lack luster hardware maintained and provided by Excitel both on LPOC and your home ONU.

A good way you can try for now is to ensure there are no bends along the route to your nearest PLC splitter.

Increasing RX rate should not affect performance and is purely placebo
Online fps gaming is pretty much bandwidth dependent ,just a slight up and down can cause DESYNC in high tick server....play with -28 DBMS and then try above -23 , you'll feel the change.....

Bro u made my day💪, gonna do the same soon,MF network

Btw have u any clue how my net is Working when the RX sensitivity of my ou is -28?

Last edited:
It's not standard that below -28 it won't work. When I had jio fiber, I have seen it work even at -31dBm. You may experience disconnections.