• Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 5,351
Status
Not open for further replies.

muttster`

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Triband + TATA night u/l
hey all.Just paid rs.2888 for 1month u/l 256k and 1000 installation included.Just wanted to give TATA a go.Happy with my Sify n MTNL..but like to mess around 🙂Will give feedback on how it goes! B)

Good for you 😛

BTW Are you on prepaid or postpaid?
How is the wiring?
Can you access and check your account on www.tataindicombroadband.com ?

hehe prepaid.. 1764 i think it is for 256k u/l...wiring n all they do by next sat..just paid the money this evening..5pm..they had dropped home.heh

U will be lucky if u get wiring done by the time they told u. They told me 15 days and I got it after 2 months 😀 Anyways when once installed there service is quite nice.

hehe lets se.e.they already have 26 connections in the building! wow! hmm..i'll drop down to 64kbps u/l after this month😉 maybe they will forget to turn down the speed😛 hehe like it happened with u? or someoneelse? is it still going strong😛

^^ It happened to me muttster... 2 months so far... i hope they never find out.. 😀But i'm on post-paid... a friend said that prepaid speeds are set at the server automatically... but i dont know if this is true, so if you try changing your plan, please let me know how it goes 😉 🙂

Is this Tata Indicom or Vsnl although i am aware Tata owns Vsnl now. But last month they finished the wiring(overhead) bit in my apartment complex and said that a 256 u/l connection would cost 1100 a month. I dunno if it's different from Tata Indicom broadband or the same. Seems like they're revamping their setup or something.

Last month I subscribed to VSNL/Indicom. Installation happened within 3 days of registration. 🙂 Started with quick20, 256kpbs. Right now am on 64kbps 'always-on'. The download speeds are pretty good and consistent too.Flip side:the sales rep dint know a thing of BB. For every query he refered a book or called someone. :angry:The rates are higher tooI dont think Airtel offers BB in my area and I dont want to be tagged with a useless landline which is mandatory for BSNL.in all, a fairly good experience with IndicomOh! btw, VSNL waives the installation and deposit fee (1000 bucks each) for employees in MNC 😀😀cheerssubhashlocation: bangalore

They came@ 5.30..did install by 7.30 were out of the house..nice wiring..Its through Ethernet..I think they called it Metro Ethernet..dslreports.com speed test result on 2006-03-23 11:39:51 EST:202 / 250Your download speed : 202 kbps or 25.3 KB/sec.Your upload speed : 250 kbps or 31.2 KB/secSpeeds are decent..On torrents i get full 32kBps..overall satisfied so far! Pings are rocking too..🙂 I'll stick with them and dump Sify.

Nice. Once installed it works gr8 😀 . I have a downtime of not over 2-3 days from last 8 month. My usage per day on average is 3gb (up+down). Speed always remain decent around 30-31. Hope u to will have a nice experience on tata bb. Enjoy ur downloading 😉

Also try testing the speed from http://speedtest.vsnl.com/speed/ . It gives u the exact speed u get from ur NOC.

aah thanks for that! Its around 5mbps from the NOC..sometimes more sometimes less..

Hey pal,how's the cable going out from your home/apartment,reason for asking is i saw some cable in my area by vsnl,but strange thing was they were overhead cables (and white too) .Officially they dont give internet by metro ethernet in my area.So do they look like cablevalaas cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.