OpenVPN server with port 1194 not working with Jio 4G/5G

• Thread starter Thread starter cwaluv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,423
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber 1Gbps
I have always hosted my own OpenVPN server with cloud providers like DigitalOcean and Linode(Location:Singapore). Currently, I have also configured OpenVPN server on my pfSense firewall with Airtel XStream Fiber(Static IP) to connect back to my home network using Jio 4G/5G.

I am able to connect to my OpenVPN server on Linode and my home OpenVPN server with Jio 4G/5G but nothing works. Speedtest doesnt work. When I am connected to my Home OpenVPN Server, I am not able to browser anything or access my NAS server or anything that is there on my LAN network or VLAN.

I don't understand what is happening. Previously, I have used OpenVPN and WireGuard for many years with my Vodafone 4G.

OpenVPN works on port 1194. Is Jio 4G/5G blocking port 1194?

Please guide me.

Last edited:
Complaint this to Jio; if you are able to access the service with other providers, or you can try with a different port.

Thanks
if you are able to access the service with other providers
Yes. I am able to connect to Linode OpenVPN instance and my home OpenVPN server using my secondary WAN connection Jeebr. My friend who uses JioFiber was able to connect my Linode and my home OpenVPN. It's just my Jio 4G/5G doesn't allow me to do anything. I have tried resetting the AccessPoint Names on my Phone still nothing works.

I started facing this issue of OpenVPN not working on my phone when Jio True 5G got activated on my phone. Before 5G, I was able to connect to my OpenVPN servers with 4G but now it doesn't work with 4G as well.

Hmm same issue, after 5G activation in my number, all the ports were blocked. Not able to connect to any of my wireguard servers. 🙁

Edit : Strangely warp working fine and after connecting to warp, if I connect to my wireguard servers, then connection succeeds.

Anyone has idea on what's happening?

Last edited: