Open NAT with G-2425G-A Nokia Router?

ISP
Airtel
Does anyone know how to get Open NAT Type using G-2425G-A Nokia router? I enabled UPnP in the router, but my NAT Type is still Moderate. The only other way to get Open NAT is by Port Forwarding, but I don't want to manually open port for every other game.

For some people using your own router solved the issue, but I can't bridge the Nokia router since the WAN page is locked and even if I bridge one of the lan ports my router doesn't detect the Nokia router.

I called the Airtel Guy and he said just connect the cable from Nokia port to your router port without changing the port to bridge mode. This way it works, but I think I'm getting double Nat. My speed is lower than actual speeds and my NAT is still moderate...

Last edited:
For me, it worked only after Airtel enabled the bridge mode and it works only on port 1. Plus, it didn't work for me when I configured VLAN on my Asus router. I just deleted the VLAN settings and it started working.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Nomadx Then the VLAN configuration is the only issue I can think of. I initially didnt configure vlan id 100 for my router and WAN didnt show up. Can you please cross check VLAN configuration once specific to your router. Is it TP-Link or Asus ?

@gopichandpai I haven't contacted Airtel team for enabling bridge mode and it worked flawlessly.
I tried putting VLAN ID during the setup process and still didn't get WAN light. My router is D-Link DIR-825

Upvote 0
As mentioned before, even I had the exact same issue. Ethernet light was lighting up when put in bridge mode. Their backend team had to enable the bridge mode and only then it worked. Try putting all the 4 ports in bridge mode and see if any of those ports work. If they don't work, raise a ticket with Airtel again. This time mention that you want to talk to a supervisor or some one from the backend team
Working on Raising another ticket

Upvote 0
Btw just enabling DMZ on the Nokia router and putting my pc ipv4 address gave me an Open NAT in all games. But there are forums that say using DMZ like that raises security issues especially if you're on PC since all your ports are open unlike UPnP which just opens ports when the application needs it.

Upvote 0
@Nomadx Sorry, then. I'm of no help. Only Airtel backend might be able to help you w.r.t bridge mode. I think this will solve all of your issues. Meanwhile as stated you can use DMZ and also you can try tinkering with firewall option in Nokia router given by them.

Upvote 0
As mentioned before, even I had the exact same issue. Ethernet light was lighting up when put in bridge mode. Their backend team had to enable the bridge mode and only then it worked. Try putting all the 4 ports in bridge mode and see if any of those ports work. If they don't work, raise a ticket with Airtel again. This time mention that you want to talk to a supervisor or some one from the backend team
Btw when you raised the ticket what issue name did they give you?

Upvote 0
Sad news guys. I talked to the supervisor and he said that at the moment we are not providing support for any third party routers via bridge so he said to just use the lan port.

Upvote 0
Which one would be better? And you sure this will work. I mean if the backend team itself is saying we can't do it at the moment. Will this make any difference?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Appellate would be the highest authority. I guess they are just giving you excuse saying they don't support it. Probably they didn't understand what you were looking for.

Upvote 0