Only using Night Unlimited, still BSNL counting 200-300MB daily data usage extra.

• Thread starter Thread starter bsnlsidd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,277

bsnlsidd

ISP
BSNL
Hello,I use BSNL Home 1800 plan which gives Night Unlimited from 2am to 8am daily. I only use my broadband connection in these timings and dont open a single webpage in other timings because I use other internet connection for that. I am seeing for last 2-3 months that while I have set my computer to start a 2.15am and shutdown at 7.45am and uTorrent downloads data in that time only, How BSNL shows 200 to 300 MB data usage every day in non night usages and deduct its total every month in my 10 GB monthly limit?Please help. My computer time is same as most TV news channels and Reliance CDMA phones or what BSNL time inquiry number says.

Hello,
I use BSNL Home 1800 plan which gives Night Unlimited from 2am to 8am daily. I only use my broadband connection in these timings and dont open a single webpage in other timings because I use other internet connection for that. I am seeing for last 2-3 months that while I have set my computer to start a 2.15am and shutdown at 7.45am and uTorrent downloads data in that time only, How BSNL shows 200 to 300 MB data usage every day in non night usages and deduct its total every month in my 10 GB monthly limit?

Please help. My computer time is same as most TV news channels and Reliance CDMA phones or what BSNL time inquiry number says.

If possible, turn off your router during these times as well, especially if you have WiFi. Document it (photos, videos, whatever). AFAIK BSNL's portal can show you usage during different time periods: compare photos/videos/etc with these timings then present your case to BSNL. If your router is off, you can't possibly be using data.

Wait until they generate the bill. If they have charged you for the transfer, contact the accounts officer who might verify the claim with NIB officials.BSNL uses a separate portal for billing purposes. So the additional usage you are seeing might not be billed. 🙂

@bsnlsidd , if you download from torrents during that off period time, your IP addresse will still be in torrent tracker cache, and other peers will still try to connect to you even after you shutdown your computer, so please restart the router also so that you get a new IP address

I think someone is piggybacking on your WiFi connection (if you have one). Other than that, it's impossible for the router to consume 200-300 MB per day while there's no data activity. Strange.

Wait until they generate the bill. If they have charged you for the transfer, contact the accounts officer who might verify the claim with NIB officials.

BSNL uses a separate portal for billing purposes. So the additional usage you are seeing might not be billed. 🙂

Well, The problem is coming from 3 months and they not over bill me, but they count the 200-300 mb data they display down-uploded everyday to my 10 gb monthly limit and it gets deducted from that.

@bsnlsidd
BSNL Home 1800 plan which gives Night Unlimited from 2am to 8am daily.
If your modem is ON during 0800AM to 0200AM continuously, " Handshake" traffic
may be counted. ( check in network/Lan page properties status )

Please try NetWorx from softperfect.com and check your usage on an hourly basis.
Usual suggestion is MODEM must be switched off at about 0155 AM and restarted at 0205.
Again switch off at 0755AM to avoid this problem of overlapping data usage count.
To check , whether the Auto scheduler you use is disconnecting the modem test in DAYTIME.
Many users have reported that Bsnl Usage meter automatically
splits the usage count in transition time : 0200AM and 0800 AM.
Presume you are using "Dialer" mode
( UserId/PW entered in window in computer )
This sort of complaints are reported very rarely now.
Could you save a screen shot of your usage page, with continuous logging
( and upload the jpg picture at tinypic.com) for a day or two.
Please give the link here.
feedback.

If you don't use anything during the day, why do you have the 1800 plan? The 500 plan is the same except the limit during the day.