Online store Vs Local store which one do you prefer ?

• Thread starter Thread starter netuser123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 935

netuser123

I got banned!
ISP
Reliance JioFi (4G)
I have written this post on another forum but I want to know what my friends here have to say about this matter.

The reason I avoid purchasing from local stores & prefer Amazon is because some months back I purchased a bluetooth headphone from a local store. After I brought it home I found that despite having two drivers (left & right) it was not a stereo. It was actually mono. When I went to the store & explained the situation the guy told me that its a "first copy". When I asked what is the meaning of first copy he told me that its not a original Samsung product but a replica. I was so dissapointed that I stopped buying from local stores & started buying from online stores like Amazon & Flipkart.

The only thing that worries me is that in case Amazon or Flipkart send me a defective product what do I do in such a situation.
I have purchased many products from Amazon but I never asked for a refund or replacement.
I am not interested in refund. I want to know in case I receive a defective product how do I ask for replacement.

Please share your views.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon is really good all over the world in responding to a customer. They value customer. And usually refund if they find the case genuine like Defective piece. I have done high value purchases and they have turned out fine.
Flipkart I cannot say the same. The grocery on Amazon is really bad. Not all products. Some.
If it says it's Replacement assured or something like that in Amazon , then I guess you can go for it. Just record your unboxings if they are of high value. Like expensive shoes , phones and TV specially.
Also avoid buying something which can be cloned(Adibas) if it does not have a verified seller or reviews . Jobless people have started selling copies in bulk.

@shashankb
Let's for example say that I purchase a bluetooth headphone from Amazon & its defective & I want replacement (not refund). Will an Amazon agent come to my house with a new headphone (same brand & model) & collect the old (defective) headphone ?

How long does this usually take ?

Yep he will deliver new and take defective order. Usually 2-7 days depending on the city, seller location , restrictions and availability of the delivery guy locally. Big metro cities like Mumbai, Bangalore , you will have it fast unless there's a lockdown
Amazon app shows estimated time
Flipkart does not I guess.

@shashankb
That's a relief. Thanks for the info.

I am purchasing from Amazon since 2015. I live in Kolkata. Some 5-6 months back they used to take 6-7 days to deliver an item but now surprisingly despite covid they are taking only 2 days which is awesome.

I do not use a smartphone so I dont have access to the Amazon app. I use my desktop, Amazon's web interface for shopping. So in my situation how will I know the estimated time ? I am asking you this question because I haven't received any defective item yet & therefore I cant test their replacement policy.