Online Petition asking for ‘Real Broadband’

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 5,618
if advertised well, this petition can prove to be very effective step towards broadband services reforms in India.430'th signature 🙂

Originally posted by power@Mar 17 2005, 09:55 AM
Ours is a country where u give 100 visits in government offices then alo ur work isnt done then how much this online petition will help 🙁
[snapback]6824[/snapback]
[/quote]

True.... but sitting on our @$$es doesn't help either.

And I do agree... in the sense that because most organizaitons, public or private, couldn't give two sh*tts about the average person without any clout, one needs to deal with these issues carfeully so as to maximize the desired effect. e.g. getting some media attention can help a lot if done properly. Another example would be getting information about bad ISPs to potential customers (say maybe by distributing flyers to colonies that the ISP in question in targeting).

All in all, even this forum is a step in that right direction towards consumer awareness, and you have start somewhere.

I was about the 35th "signatory" /signer or so... dont just sign it, but also get your friends and family to sign it as well... then forward this same message to them: "dont just sign it, but also get your (their) friends and family to sign it as well" !!! we have to reach 1000 ASAP... been a long time..

signed? good!also remember to tell your friends and family to sign it as well, then they in turn should tell their friends and family... and keep on going...this is like one of those chain letter things, only good!

It's not just the Indian government, parminder, it's the Indian public that considers broadband to be a luxury item. That's because most people here don't look at the internet as the amazing tool it is for information, consumer awareness, shopping etc. etc. but consider the internet to be basically Hotmail and MSN messenger, i.e. a chatting device.

This sad state of affairs is reflected in a lot of Indian websites, for example, universities & colleges don't even keep their websites updated... They don't have an idea of how much time, money and effort they would save by posting things like admission information online..... then there are business that don't provide basic information on their websites.. but one can't blame them if they (correctly) think that the internet user base is not large enough to yield profits.

On the flip side, with "broadband" costing what it does, I don't blame the public for thinking it is a luxury item....

Basically I think ISPs need to directly invest in e-business, which will jumpstart the cycle of :

More Internet subscribers
=> More money spent online/More institutions maintaining websites
=> ISPs earning more (e.g. if Airtel invests in e-business)
=> Reduced cost of internet access
=> More internet subscribers
and so on & on & on.......

Signed..... At LastFirst took 15 min to open the website. Then while signing the gateway connection went down. (Reason: The lineman manning the switches went for lunch and while going switched off the switches , and his lunch lasted for 4 hours.)After 5 hours of patient waiting i signed it, HURRAY!!!Will make sure 10 more ppl from my side sign it.Hope something happens.