Online gamer and Heavy downloader switching to Tikona from Airtel - Advise needed

• Thread starter Thread starter buBleZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 9,916

buBleZ

ISP
Airtel
Hi All,
I am from Bangalore and have been a customer of Airtel for so many years now and have been mainly using it for online gaming and heavy downloading along with browsing. Ever since FUP was introduced I started my dislike for Airtel as it started to affect my download requirements. I need to download atleast 300GB per month and I also need good pings to online Gaming servers in Asia. Airtel provides the latter but not the former.
So I am considering the 4mbps Tikona unlimited broadband plan (1499 Rs). There is no ACT/You broadand in my area. Few questions on the same
1. Does Tikona have good pings to Asian servers for smooth online gaming?
2. Tikona's terms and conditions says 1:20 contention ratio for FUP of 80GB and upto 1:50 post that . Can anyone tell me what is the speed folks get after the fup limit?
3. When the Tikona engineer comes for demo what all should I check because Tikona employs wireless connection?
4. What about the signal quality and service quality of Tikona in Bangalore?

Havent used Tikona but I am don't think pings on a wireless connection will be anywhere near decent, especially for gaming.

no matter what plan you use from tikona u will always get 512kbps upload speed thats it.
and ping is always high

buBleZ said:
Hi All,
I am from Bangalore and have been a customer of Airtel for so many years now and have been mainly using it for online gaming and heavy downloading along with browsing. Ever since FUP was introduced I started my dislike for Airtel as it started to affect my download requirements. I need to download atleast 300GB per month and I also need good pings to online Gaming servers in Asia. Airtel provides the latter but not the former.
So I am considering the 4mbps Tikona unlimited broadband plan (1499 Rs). There is no ACT/You broadand in my area. Few questions on the same
1. Does Tikona have good pings to Asian servers for smooth online gaming?
2. Tikona's terms and conditions says 1:20 contention ratio for FUP of 80GB and upto 1:50 post that . Can anyone tell me what is the speed folks get after the fup limit?
3. When the Tikona engineer comes for demo what all should I check because Tikona employs wireless connection?
4. What about the signal quality and service quality of Tikona in Bangalore?
Dear Subscriber,
In order to assist you, we would require your contact or Tikona User ID details. We have assigned a reference number # TIKOC3000 to your case. Request you to write to us on tikonacare@tikona.in. with your details and mention the reference number in the subject line.
Regards,
Tikona Care

Tikona Care said:
Dear Subscriber,
In order to assist you, we would require your contact or Tikona User ID details. We have assigned a reference number # TIKOC3000 to your case. Request you to write to us on tikonacare@tikona.in. with your details and mention the reference number in the subject line.
Regards,
Tikona Care
admin just ban this guy spamming

does that idiot even read before posting---provide tikona user id for someone who is just thinking about taking a connection!!!...

Dude is never stable and speed fluctuates so much...okay for browsing or downloading but not for gaming at all!!! Never go for Tikona if you are looking for gamin...

Everything depends from area to area in tikona I have played several hours of gta online and I didn't notice any lag, it only lagged when someone was streaming YouTube video when I was playing.

after downloading like 50-80gb tikona caps the speed to 100KBps rest i didnt had much issue games just works fine but since its wireless it lags sumtimes

It has to be the worst isp ive ever used, had my connection in the the month of january 2011 and disconnected it in the month of april.
Reasons : Poor Connectivity, no speed whatsoever and no network almost most of the time
Even after i had given a request to cancel the connection and made the last payment to seal off the connection, these guys kept sending me bills every month for the rest of the year till i was fed up and gave a complaint. I would everybody not to go for this broadband.

Tikona Connectivity could be the issue from your roof CPE to Access point Latency fluctuate too much in that case you wont get good speed and disconnect. Switched to Tikona 4Mbps Plan just to review how it perform to compare wit my Reliance WiMax 1.5Mbps Plan till now Speeds are good getting more then 4Mbps ;p wait for some solid reviews.