One Way Audio Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter talkme
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,695

talkme

hello,

I am testing a software which is for making voip calls. The software is based on h323 standard.
When I try to make the call the receiver can hear me, but I cannot hear him. I tried port forwarding, but still I cannot hear him. The software is working fine with Reliance Mobile Connection.

For port forwarding I hope we can give any name as server name???

When I tried pinging the dynamically assigned IP for me(I took it from http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/) at his side, it is not pinging either.

I am having a airtel broadband 128kbps connection on beetel 220bx adsl2+ modem.
Windows XP SP2, firewall turned off.

Please help.

@talkme plz give more details like the name of Voip software u r using, how did u do port forwarding etc then only i can help you!

QUOTE(real_india @ Apr 29 2006, 01:05 AM) [snapback]49568[/snapback]
@talkme plz give more details like the name of Voip software u r using, how did u do port forwarding etc then only i can help you!
[/b]

The voip software is in developement, and for the time being name is PPChat.

The software works as below:
A server is listening on port 1720 for the incoming connections, it is hosted in US. I and my partner send the call request to the server. And the server connects us via the server itself, not peer-to-peer, because sometimes conferencing is required. My partner use Reliance Mobile internet connection, he is in Kerala. After the call is established, he can hear me well. But I cannot hear him.
If you need more clarification please tell me.

I did the port forwarding as follows:
Server Name: PPChat
External Port Start: 1000
External Port End: 44444
Protocol: TCP/UDP
Internal Port Start: 1000
Internal Port End: 44444
Server IP Address: 192.168.1.2

Hope I am correct.

Mate problem is not from your side but from your partner side.Voice chat does not occur in wireless network because of the latency of the network as the data travel in jitters. I myself usedthe my tata walky to have voice chat but to no use.So tell ur friend to have some wireline internet connectionsometimes even dialup works for voice chat. 🙂 Else if ur friend dont wanna change the connection then tryto use the some low codecs in the software like g.729 or g.723 (I dont know whether your software allow codecs to be changed).Hope it solves.Happy Calling 😉

QUOTE(gavnitsingh @ Apr 30 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]49745[/snapback]
Mate problem is not from your side but from your partner side.
Voice chat does not occur in wireless network because of the
latency of the network as the data travel in jitters. I myself used
the my tata walky to have voice chat but to no use.
So tell ur friend to have some wireline internet connection
sometimes even dialup works for voice chat. 🙂

Else if ur friend dont wanna change the connection then try
to use the some low codecs in the software like g.729 or g.723
(I dont know whether your software allow codecs to be changed).

Hope it solves.

Happy Calling 😉
[/b]
Usually, one way audio issues are related to the codec being used.
Try using a different codec Or try not forcing a particular codec.