• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,966
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more stuff.
Code:
You are now chatting with Dude(19:33) Dude: Good Evening! x720, Let me reconfirm your number is REDACTED(19:33) X720: Yes(19:34) Dude: You want to know about One India plan, am i correct?(19:34) X720: Yes, correct(19:35) Dude: May i know which plan details you want OneIndiaOneRate 350 or OneIndiaOneRate 599?(19:35) X720: 599(19:36) Dude: Sure.(19:36) Dude: As per this plan you will get 2Gb data @3G speed,beyond you will get unlimited data at 64kbps speed.(19:36) Dude: As per this plan you will get 1200 minutes free for local and std and roaming usage.(19:36) Dude: And you can enjoy free incoming calls in roaming locations.(19:36) Dude: And also you will get 100 sms for local and std usage.(19:36) Dude: After free calls you will be charge 30p per minute for local and std calls.(19:36) Dude: And for sms you will be charge 30p per sms for local and std numbers.(19:37) X720: ok, and, this 30p will be valid in roaming also?(19:38) Dude: Yes.(19:39) X720: Also, data roaming is present on Docomo and Aircel, correct? Are the free minutes valid on these networks while roaming, or only on Reliance network?(19:39) Dude: Yes.(19:40) X720: Yes for what?(19:40) Dude: You can enjoy these free units even if you latch to Tata or Aircel.(19:40) X720: Alright. Any idea when the website will be updated with the new plans?(19:41) Dude: I am sorry X720 i cannot confirm you the exact time, however i will surely forward your feedback for the same.

Looks like dad would have saved money if he had stayed on Reliance CDMA lol. Or is this for GSM?

There is no 3g for Reliance in Chennai, but I guess 2g would be there. So that will take precedence, right? If you are roaming here?

Speaking for myself, if either DoCoMo or Aircel have 3G, I'd be able to connect to them, else RCOM 2G.

Haven't tried it myself. But, friend said it automatically latched onto DoCoMo while roaming in Maharashtra.

Well, if it did despite Reliance being there then its surprising. What I am saying here is, since Reliance has network here in Chennai, but not 3G. Will you be able to access 3G on Aircel or you will be stuck with Reliance... atleast by default.

I have reliance delhi 3g sim, was roaming on docomo 3g in haryana, but not in punjab as reliance already got 3g there

@mhsabir

Yes. Rcom doesn't have a 3G license in MH circle, Mumbai being a different circle. Similarly, Chennai being a non RCOM 3G circle, it should automatically connect to Aircel 3G, going by my friend's, and now, igloo's experience.

Reliance service, cant even imagine the bills I would get if its post paid, and unwanted deductions in prepaid.
Not my cup of tea, will better stay with Airtel/Vodafone

You might be able to latch on to 3G service on a partner network while roaming. But, if you are in your local circle (and your network doesn't have 3G), I don't think you can latch onto a roaming partner's 3G network. There was that huge hullaballoo with TRAI a while ago, when Airtel, Idea, Vodafone were doing this. I haven't looked at the recent supreme court order in much detail to know if 3G sharing in local circle is now allowed (or if it is just 3G roaming sharing allowed)...best way to check would be to go to the showroom and ask a sales rep to show his mobile attached to 3G network in Chennai 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.