One DataOne a/c - access from 2 places

• Thread starter Thread starter perumal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 8,320
Originally posted by cisco_tech+Sep 11 2005, 03:17 PM-->QUOTE(cisco_tech @ Sep 11 2005, 03:17 PM)
okay it depands on ur sync Rate
SNR and line Attenuation
modem keep resyncing..to establish the link ..
[/b]

How to check out these values?

Hi Friends,could you tell me one thing...that one username and password is alredy in use at my office...and at the same time when i use the same id and password at my home to run the internet and disconnect before my office internte gets disconneted...that is one username and pass is used at two places at the same time....how would they maintain the usage...i mean would there be two different entries for same time...and also two different ips ofcours...wouldnt that show that account was used from two different places..?how does BSNL counts the traffic in such a situation?ThanxSandy

dont think u can log in with the same id and password at two plaes simultaneoulsy

you can login with same id at two different places, you'll get both the usages in your service records and yes, you'll have two different ips.

Originally posted by pupudada@Sep 11 2005, 11:48 AM
right! a 2mbps pack is available only in the business category. asa far as modem not supporting more than 2mbps, well the ut series being given by `bsnl' support d/load speeds upto 12mbps  😀
[snapback]24778[/snapback]
[/quote]
well I made a mistake, but with my mt800 the max you get is 8mbps. ( 😉 I read the manual)

Originally posted by cisco_tech@Sep 11 2005, 03:17 PM
okay it depands on ur sync Rate like if ur modem synched @ 3000 Kbps then u can get easily 2 mEGs ..but if u r lil far from exchange ur sync rate will be lower like mine..  i m abt 6 KM away from my Exchange yet i m able to sync @ 2048 Kbps with pretty good SNR and line Attenuation . its also depand on ur Line ....if ur line has Joint then ur line wont stable . modem keep resyncing..to establish the link ..
[snapback]24802[/snapback]
[/quote]

i'm less than 1km from the exchange, and all the cables are underground. the last mile connection from the joint box is less than 50 meters from my telephone.. line is clear yet i do not get than 32kBps, average, though peak speeds go upto 95kBps? Pupudada!

Don't want to throw a wet blanket on the party here. But did you consider the security violations possible with this.If you manage to get usernames/pass etc of other users, could you not possible do the same too. If these are metered accounts, could cause havoc.

well, just do not know how to get the details of synching (or would have mentioned it with my earlier post). please explain how to do the same and i will 🙁

i had recently downloaded 30mb & 65mb & 120mb from my cousin's account & i can't see the download transfer log in 10.240.43.216 it has not counted the bytes downloaded :huh:

Originally posted by cisco_tech@Sep 14 2005, 09:26 AM
@@PUPUDADA
go to the http://192.168.1.1 .................and u will see there Modem's Stat and Logs
just post that here
[snapback]25061[/snapback]
[/quote]

aha, i get you now.. i guess i'll have to set up that one, cause my network has not yet been configured (am using the pppoe dialler to connect). will do so within a day or two after getting the manual (they had changed my modem, but did not give me the manual for the new one.. `ut-300r2' 🙁 thanks for the info though

What I have is a one-man office and a laptop. At the end of the day, I take home the laptop, dsl modem, splitter etc. to my house.Can I connect from my house phone to DataOne and work using the same un/pw (do NU download)? Yes or No? Please answer.

To be able to use a phone for DSL, does BSNL not do something on the exchange side. Other wise any phone can be used for DSL connection. If this restriction was not there, then why they are still not able to provide services in all the areas?