On 3g Single mp3 is 120 MB

J

justatroll

I was casually browsing today for different 3g plans across the websites of 3g providers through SIM, I came across airtel website
and was using their rate calculator for gauging the data I want to use, this is what I see

according to Airtel a song on 3g will be of 120 MB, a SINGLE app/game is about 450 MB...................... On what earth is this ????
even a 320 KBPS song of 5 mins wont go beyond 15MB at max, a FLAC will be max of 50 MB ( still I am exaggerative here )

WOWOW JUST WOW ,

I will post more of the calculators for other providers as well, or you can lets have some fun...

imgur: the simple image sharer

J

justatroll

look at image above I selected a single song/DAY not a song/MONTH...

amar

Senior
in the image they clearly mentioned estimated monthly usage is 120 MB...

----------

If you are downloading 1 song/day for 30 days den
calculate one song size 4MB x 30days = 120MB per month.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
Regulars
Its just mentioned as "Song" and not "mp3". I guess the "Audio CD" format which are officially released has quite large size for single song (not sure exactly how much).

Ad1tya

^^ They simply mean MP3 or similar.They calculate 1 song downloaded per day, as stated by amar, 4MB (1 song a day) x 30 days = 120MB per month.

sanke1

Regulars
Just ignore that bullshit calculator Airtel has put up on their website. Your usage requirement cannot be consistent as per your calculations. If I try to calculate my usage, their calculator will blow it's fuse.