• Thread starter Thread starter Harsh_Thanvi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,120

Harsh_Thanvi

Regular
ISP
MTNL
hey guys i used an MTNL old sim it was giving me speed of 2 to 3 mbps speed but when i used the new sim i gave me speed 320kbps both having 3g and HSDPA activated

The speeds will gradually get better on the new sim if HSDPA is activated.

i just msgd act HSDPA with 5 paise bal and it got activated with no balance deduction i get a blue light in my dongle

i get 2.21 mbps constant speed and the max was full 3.6 mbps from 5 pm to 8 pm
i think its due to simcard as its the old one having the large chip and i use a k3570-z unlocked dongle

large chip? even i have old sim ... but not large?

there are old sim cards and new one when u got the sim if its 3 years back it have large chip

----------

new chips are used for iPhone 4 after cutting them the copper area in the new sim cards are small compared to old simcard what speed u get???

----------

there is the diffrence between the copper filing of the simcard there is no size deffrence of the simcard

i dont knew but i got 3.6 mbps
WOW! Is that what you are getting? That's the theoretical max of MTNL but nobody ever gets it. Are you getting those speeds on a consistent basis? Which modem are you using? Where do you live?

i live in borivali and i use a vodafone K3570-z zte dongle still got a new sim card of my own name the speed is around 3.5 to 3.6 mbps

i live in borivali and i use a vodafone K3570-z zte dongle still got a new sim card of my own name the speed is around 3.5 to 3.6 mbps
You are a very VERY lucky person! You are getting the max possible performance out of MTNL. For most it is far less than what you are getting.

its not always that i get that speed but yes i have experience this speed 2 to 3 times a day nut most of the time it is 2mbps

there are old sim cards and new one when u got the sim if its 3 years back it have large chip

----------

new chips are used for iPhone 4 after cutting them the copper area in the new sim cards are small compared to old simcard what speed u get???

----------

there is the diffrence between the copper filing of the simcard there is no size deffrence of the simcard

Sim Card used in Ipad or Iphone or Tab is called Mirco Sim. You are right architecture and design of Sim Circuitary is same is both the Sim Cards. Now that all operators had started manufacturing separate Micro Sim Card but in its absence , Nornal Sim card can be cut and resized 🙂

He is talking about the copper present at the back of SIM cards, Older one's have a lot more copper.

----------