• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 4,885

vishal_j

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Check out the screenshot:

MTNL charged me for my nighttime downloads. It clearly shows 31st Jan 11 Pm to Feb 1st 11 am and still they charged me. My computer is scheduled to go off at 7:45 am everyday and I myself switched it back on at 11.

What should I do?...and also why the three entries for the same time and date. 1504?

they suck that's why... these screenshots should be taken to the courts.

hey vishal,u better write a complain to the account officer & get an stamped acknowledgement immediately, cause if u don't pay yr adsl with get DC & then it will take lots of time to get it restored.

I would love to meet the programmer who has written the script / program to calculate the amount of data transfered. As I understand data can be transmitted only in multiples of 8bits or 1 byte. So the figure 516703807.274483944... is absolute crap.

Haha. I don't about the 8 bits or byte thing.I think I will have to take a print out of the screen shot and take it to them. I don't think they will give me back my MB's as frankly saying they aren't the smartest of the lot, atleast the ones who sit in the offices. Anyone faced a similar problem today? Ever? That their mbs of the night downloads got counted.*sigh* Its gonna be a long day tomorrow 🙁

well u shld have read the the marquee dat runs on http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/triband/
"For Night Unlimited Plan, please ensure to switch off MTNL modem at the beginning and end of NU period ...... "

well they r surely screwing up in maintaining the logs

Originally posted by vishalj@Feb 1 2006, 09:52 PM
Haha. I don't about the 8 bits or byte thing.
I think I will have to take a print out of the screen shot and take it to them. I don't think they will give me back my MB's as frankly saying they aren't the smartest of the lot, atleast the ones who sit in the offices.
Anyone faced a similar problem today? Ever? That their mbs of the night downloads got counted.

*sigh* Its gonna be a long day tomorrow  🙁
[snapback]41093[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes mine has too got f----d up. its irritating to say the least! am not downloading till they fix it.

Yeah. I just came home but am in two minds about putting on my downloads. I don't wanna get up tomorrow with 200 mb over the limit 😀

*update* I finally managed to speak to someone from the accounts dept. and he said he would look into it. I will also be submitting a written complaint first thing tomorrow. This whole thing of not disconnecting the router at 12 is causing all my problems.Even once my computer goes off at 7:45 am it logs my traffic. Now I'm down to 222 mb only.If nothing comes out of this I'm gonna use it to the maximum, not pay the bill and sell their router 😛

Originally posted by vishalj@Feb 3 2006, 07:03 PM
If nothing comes out of this I'm gonna use it to the maximum, not pay the bill and sell their router  😛
[snapback]41257[/snapback]
[/quote]

Here goes another fighting spirit. Would not be nice to seek help from Consumer courts. come to think of it you not paying them a few thousand will not hurt them. MTNL makes more than 1500 CR pa. A drop in the ocean lost.

Whereas if MTNL keeps doing this to as many users and other companies do this, we wonder what is the level of scam happening? How do you stop the future taking a wrong course. You have the proof. Use it. Did you see Erin Brokovitch. The lady really screwed the insurance guys. A small fish fry could really become bone in the throat for MTNL. Do not cow out of it.

Please use your rights. why not send your screenshots to the news paper folks. They will be jumping to print it. Make a story and also get your "pic" in the news. While you follow up with MTNL, call up Janmat / Aaj Tak / Times News / CNN / BBC or maybe Jay Leno. Believe me it could just make the corporate world notice the aam junta.

dowgMac, did you just watch Rang de Basanti ?

Would be very fitting if Sushubh's nick was only "Su..." 😉