Official Protest For MTNL Triband 590 NU Users

• Thread starter Thread starter deep_nx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 123
  • Views Views 21,323
At least those communities give u a place to startI dont think threads like these and emails will make to much of a difference but there is no harm trying

i think mailing them normal letters will work much better

maybee that works in dilli ...

but in mumbai they will make tissue of that letter

our thier sons will make rockets outaa it .....

our wivess will use it as RADDI to earn money !!!

im nt married im juz 20 ...

but we need to do someting so guyz go onto orkut and send some officials MAILS @

added a pool on ORKUT MTNL EXEC too .. just vote do not add many polls for now or this one will drop down.

+

look how MTNL fooled 2 lak customers !!

http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/helpdesk/gifs/ads/final_triband.gif

Mailing them emails and phone calls etc isn't gonna work so much.

Deep, if you are willing to do a bit of work then this is going to be much better.

Go to Right to Information Act (India) and read about the Right to Information act.

According to the Right to Information act you can ask MTNL on any information you want and they MUST reply back within 30 days or so. Read the site in detail and prepare a good application. Ask for as details and statistical data. Such an application can really wake up those MTNL authorities.

Send an application to MTNL asking them for the following information
Why is the 590NU plan capped at 256Kbps?
Why are they not offering any unlimited plan?
How many subscriber do they have of 590NU?
What percentage of total bandwidth has been used by such users?
What are they doing to increase their bandwidth?
What effect would an increase in bandwidth on this plan have?

Here is a sample application I found. Right to Information Application on Solid Waste Management collection, transportation and disposal

It would be great if anyone here could offer legal advice. You can PM me if you need some help.

btw I had seen the MTNL site before and it mentioned 590 NU as "256 Kbps upto 2Mbps"
now it only says 256Kbps

RTI can be useful here and thanks for the link to actual RTI application. Hope someone actually files it.

Even though i use my internet at night only, every day a few MBs increases.The time is between 00:00 to 08:00.(I Think)after using it 19 days total download excluding night has increased to 1.344GB.What am I supposed to do.I follow the Indian national time.I live in Delhi My provider is mtnl triband.

follow MTNL's website time...u can know that by logging in and out once and making a note of the times...then u can sync ur "Indian national time" with that...there's a difference of around 10 mins between them...

MTNL doesnt follow IST.........it follows its own MST( aka Mahanagar Standard Time) which is a bit ahead of IST coz Mahanagars (Big cities ) have to stay ahead naaAl

Even though i use my internet at night only, every day a few MBs increases.
The time is between 00:00 to 08:00.(I Think)
after using it 19 days total download excluding night has increased to 1.344GB.
What am I supposed to do.
I follow the Indian national time.
I live in Delhi My provider is mtnl triband.

MTNL clock is about 20 minutes faster .Ithat means opur free unlimited time is b/w 11:40pm to 7:40am (Acc to our clock) .
Sync your PC clock with MTNL clock and don't let it update itself via net .

http://202.159.217.199:8080/mtnlPortal123/dsl/tester.jsp

Hey NU users, stop "protesting" for 2Mbps
Do you really think that MTNL will all of a sudden increase the speeds from 256kBps to 2mBps??
I don't think so!
First of all we should protest for what we actually have a right to have- 256kBps!
I know this may sound lame, but I can say for myself that NU doesn't even properly get 256 kBps (My download speed varies from 25-27 kbps, sometimes goes as high as 29-30, but never even touched 31-32)

TRAI regulations clearly state that-

1.0 Broadband connectivity:

Keeping in view the present status, Broadband connectivity is defined at present as

“An ‘always-on' data connection that is able to support interactive services including Internet access and has the capability of the minimum download speed of 256 kilo bits per second (kbps) to an individual subscriber from the Point Of Presence (POP) of the service provider intending to provide Broadband service where multiple such individual Broadband connections are aggregated and the subscriber is able to access these interactive services including the Internet through this POP. The interactive services will exclude any services for which a separate licence is specifically required, for example, real-time voice transmission, except to the extent that it is presently permitted under ISP licence with Internet Telephony.”

TRAI :::::::

Then, why in the hell are we paying so much for "broadband" services when we don't even get even 256 kbps??
I know everyone in this forum put their ass on the line to try to persuade Dayanidhi Maran by mailing him or whatever.....But, I think we should start pressurizing this new Telecom minister from the starting only.....who knows.....maybe he would budge sooner??

And, we should make our demands step by step nd not make highly unpragmatic demands!

Its Kbps and NOT kBps. They mean two DIFFERENT things.
But you understand naa ,then it doesn't matter 🙂

I want 2MBps on low prices....Unlimited pack.

I with u guys.

welcome to our "I WANT" club
Only membership criteria is u must lust for ever faster ,ever cheaper(read FREE) Broadband access:yahoo: