Official caught taking bribe - Do not get how it means "ipad helped"

mhsabir

Xclusive
Ok the headline -

"iPad helps trap corrupt Chennai babu"

iPad helps trap corrupt Chennai babu

Someone tell me.. How did ipad "help" in trapping him? Or should we wait for more details later in the day :confused:

mhsabir

Xclusive
He was caught for accepting a bribe of 8 Lakhs+iPad -> 2 Lakhs+iPad was the first installmentQuestion here is about the headline - "iPad helps trap corrupt Chennai babu" ... How did it help trap.. Was the bribe giver an undercover agent who used one of the features of iPad to help catch him - As the headline seem to insinuate.

sanke1

The iPad was silently recording the bribe taking process using camera and voice recorder.

sanke1

Oh.. Was it the iPad 2 ? I thought it says iPad, the one without the camera... :p

Gifting him an iPad 1, which is a 2 year old product would have been a wicked insult. Hope the person bribing him was not that cheap.

mhsabir

Xclusive
If it was a sting, I doubt they would have taken pains to buy a shiny new device :Boy Think:

----------

Same news presented in a different way by NDTV (Though a bit more sensible manner)

Senior DRI official held on graft charges

----------

And since the person who took the money to give him was also arrested - This was no sting operation :p