Office mail not working from home lately

• Thread starter Thread starter padixer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5,263

padixer

ISP
bsnl
hi,i have this problem of my office mails..(i am using outlook) wont leave outbox lately. i can receive all mails though. whatever i do...open, close, restart.. the problem is there....any ideas what may be the problem?? this problem has popped up in last month or somail from bsnl accountl works fine!!!then i have to use another connection...i have a reliance usb netconnect...then mails will go through reliance connection...most of the time i have to do this!!!!setup:--using a laptop-outlook is configured with my office mail servers-i am using bsnl home500c-connecting using utstarcom wireless connection-when i test connection in outlook it is able to find the outgoing server but fails when sending the test message! asks me to check connection,,ssl,,blah blahsomebody pls help...am not able to work from home! office IT guys can't seem to figure out what is the problem...keep telling me some spam block or something....let me know if more information is needed

wont leave outbox lately

You can receive all mail messages with different IDs abcd @ bsnl.in
abcd @ rediff mail.com abcd @ airtelmail.in etc.
( * some exceptions like Yahoo mail )

BUT sending messages can be effected only on the concerned ISP.
say abcd @ bsnl.in
Dataone Mail Client Configuration

TRY eprompter application:
ePrompter Free eMail Notification Software.
Messages sent with any ID not saved. Send BCC.

i didn't have this problem earlier! just last month or so...i can receive mail from my office server but sending is the problem.

i didn't have this problem earlier! just last month or so...

i can receive mail from my office server but sending is the problem.

Unable to understand above.
Are you trying to send messages from HOME with Office email ID ?
Is the ISP same for both ?

IN OE/Outlook Accounts properties Advanced
check
outgoing smtp is 25
Also check "authentication" required entries.
Compare for Home account and office account.

Yes Essbebe, I am trying to send mail using office ID through office smtp server through port 25 using bsnl broadband internet using outlook. the authentications are set accordingly.Sometimes some days it will work fine, but sometimes somedays mails just won't leave my outbox!!when i send my other mails through bsnl mail id using bsnl smtp server it works fine.office isp is airtel. i didn't have this problem for few years now, but started recently.

are you able to ping the smtp serverr?? try connecting via command prompt using telnet.. and enter username/password.. see if you get authenticated..

mail using office ID through office smtp server
through port 25
using bsnl broadband internet

How do you access the office smtp server from Home ?
Office ISP is AIRTEL.

As i told earlier you cannot send
abcd @airtel mail.in using a BSNL connection
and abcd @airtelmail.in using an airtel connection.
abcd @google.com possible in Airtel.

essbebe, i use bsnl internet to send office mail.But i was not having this problem at all, just started some months back. Are you saying that i cannot use bsnl internet network to send any other mail except bsnl mail or gogglemail as you mentioned. i have been using bsnl broadband for last 3 years and never had such a problem.so what's to be done??thanks for your response

essbebe,

i use bsnl internet to send office mail.

But i was not having this problem at all, just started some months back.

Are you saying that i cannot use bsnl internet network to send any other mail except bsnl mail or gogglemail as you mentioned. i have been using bsnl broadband for last 3 years and never had such a problem.

so what's to be done??

thanks for your response

Did you try e-prompter ? program ?
Again
I repeat Messages with abcd @airtelmail.in & abcd @ googlemail.com
CANNOT be sent over BSNL ISP's BB connection.

Use BSNL ID on BSNL BB connection and
in TO column enter the other party's email ID's
mark CC to whichever e mail you want to refer.
ID you want

I had this similar problem. Had no problem receiving mails but sending mails didn't seem to work. My solution was very simple. I backed up my outlook express data and formatted my computer. Re-installed OS and everything worked fine after that.

@sachins
I backed up my outlook express data and formatted my computer
My solution was very simple

Not a simple solution.
Not the solution for present problem.
Not recommended.

PROBLEM
Able to send messages in Outlook with ID abcd@ bsnl.in
Unable to send messages with
xxxxxx @ airtelmail.in or @ googlemail.com etc.

Try Incredimail. It may work for you. Similar or much simpler than outlook.

i would have to say it again.

incredimail is nothing but outlook with a skin. it does not use its own email engine. so if you are facing issues with outlook, you are going to face similar issues with incredimail.

the only email client i can recommend at this point of time is postbox...

Welcome to Postbox

Not a simple solution.
Well for me, IT IS!!! 😉
I have backed up the entire C: in an image. If i find my PC performing slower, i back up the data of firefox and outlook > Format C: > Restore C: from an image > Restore firefox and outlook data > Done.

Entire thing takes less than 15 min.