Numerous queries regarding Beam!!

Beam has upped the ante i guess with Lifetime FUP !! lolz...Once u hit the limit ur done for life !!!
stop trying to give him heart attack 😀

BTW my uploads suck due to the fact that i dont use torrents anymore...just one or two torrents! 🙂 COZ mediafire giving me almost 1MBps on direct downloads and 700mb downloads in just 20 min 😀

BTW my uploads suck due to the fact that i dont use torrents anymore...just one or two torrents! 🙂
COZ mediafire giving me almost 1MBps on direct downloads and 700mb downloads in just 20 min 😀

torrent i can upload at 500+ depending on tracker.
about mediafire i just uploaded a 8mb file, didn't even notice how much time it took. pressed upload file now button & its done, hardly 5 second

yeah.! itz amazing how after suffering from 256kbps shit...atlast i can watch utube in HD :') PS: title of thread should be changed to "how beam changed my life!!" 😛 😛 😛

Hey guys did you observe the usage details on the 'MY ACCOUNT' page showing up-to-date usage against the 'MY USAGE' which is a day or two delayed?

202.53.8.8/ns1.beamnet.in IP Address WHOIS | DomainTools.com

202.53.8.9/ns2.beamnet.in IP Address WHOIS | DomainTools.com

123.176.37.37/ns3.beamnet.in IP Address WHOIS | DomainTools.com

123.176.37.38/ns4.beamnet.in IP Address WHOIS | DomainTools.com

The last time i check these DNS servers the route was maintained by VSNL(TATA).

Everyone in India buys their bandwidth directly or indirectly from Bharti, VSNL or Reliance - or a combination thereof.

Beam's bandwidth appears to come mostly from VSNL AS18209 BEAMTELE-AS-AP Beam Telecom Pvt Ltd but the 202.53.0.0/16 and 123.176.0.0/16 IP ranges are owned by Bharti, and a subset of those addresses seem to be used for Beam's core network, presumably also for assigning IP addresses to cablewalas for whatever purpose.

Probably what this means is that for Beam's core services, when they first started out, it was easier to buy a few IP addresses from Bharti than to get them from APNIC directly - this fits with APNIC's policy for delegating IP addresses to small companies.

Why the IP addresses are announced by Bharti and the actual bandwidth coming in via VSNL may also be such that the bandwidth is using the SMW4 cable system, which VSNL and Bharti are both part-owners of, so Bharti is probably taking care of the route announcements, while Beam buys it's actual bandwidth from Tata/VSNL.

Beam's customer IP addresses are taken care of by AS55577 AS55577 BEAMTELE-AS-AP Beam Telecom Pvt Ltd 8-2-610/A, Road No. 10,Banjara Hills, (Opp. HSBC-Babukhan Building) Hyderabad - 500034

The same is true for all providers that purchase resources from Bharti - they would all end up routing through a subset of these IP ranges for the sake of easier management on Bharti's side, as Bharti's customer addresses are handled by several separate sub-networks depending on whether the customer is using GPRS or Airtel Broadband or if they are residential or SMB or whatever. To take another example, HNS has a bunch of IP addresses announced by Reliance and Railtel, even though their bandwidth goes through a combination of Bharti and VSNL.

124.123.xx.xx Till yesterday it was 183.83.xx.xx
mine no change, 183.82.XX.XX range ip
& beam in speedtest