Numerous queries regarding Beam!!

ISP
Beam Fiber
😛 well...am a happy beam customer from the past one month....but have a number of questions regarding beam..! 1.First of all i live in malkajgiri area Hyderabad! well...i got a static IP from beam...and when i asked those beam guys who came to connect my PC to provide me dynamic IP..he said its not possible....2.Moreover...i use 24hour online client to login to beam..whereas people elsewhere are using Beamportal to do the same! Why is my login process different..?!3.people here told that even in case of power failure..beam net will work....well my connection dies the moment the power goes off!! :x 4.people said that beam uses space in the basement for its fiber box....well it uses terrace of my apartment! :L will post pics tomorrow.......5.My local beam guy said that i'll receive my bill on 15th or 16th of every month...(since i got connected to the beam on 16th june..) BUT people here says they receive bills on 1st or 2nd of every month!! 😵6.WELL.... i've got no problems with beam's speeds..but these differences between my beam connection and others beam connections are somewhat :w00t:ing my brain! :I

😛 well...am a happy beam customer from the past one month....but have a number of questions regarding beam..!

1.First of all i live in malkajgiri area Hyderabad! well...i got a static IP from beam...and when i asked those beam guys who came to connect my PC to provide me dynamic IP..he said its not possible....

It should be, but maybe this has something to do with the way they've set up your authentication - static IP + MAC binding is used in some places in lieu of PPPoE.

2.Moreover...i use 24hour online client to login to beam..whereas people elsewhere are using Beamportal to do the same! Why is my login process different..?!

Maybe your cablewala hasn't switched to the new authentication system yet, or maybe they're using the 24online for accounting only (your usage) and IP + MAC binding for the authentication. As such, using another computer with the ethernet cable they've supplied you probably wouldn't work, even if you put the 24online client on the other computer and your username/password.

3.people here told that even in case of power failure..beam net will work....well my connection dies the moment the power goes off!! :x

Maybe the UPS that's supposed to be powering the equipment in your building is foobar and needs replacing. Generally speaking, it's not *supposed* to go off.

4.people said that beam uses space in the basement for its fiber box....well it uses terrace of my apartment! :L will post pics tomorrow.......

Shouldn't matter, makes no real difference. Probably the society only gave permission to install on the terrace, or, it was the better choice.

5.My local beam guy said that i'll receive my bill on 15th or 16th of every month...(since i got connected to the beam on 16th june..) BUT people here says they receive bills on 1st or 2nd of every month!! 😵

That seems logical to me: invoiced every 30 days from the date of signup.
6.WELL.... i've got no problems with beam's speeds..but these differences between my beam connection and others beam connections are somewhat :w00t:ing my brain! :I

Depends what plan you're on as opposed to what plan others are on?

Yeah bobby it look like the connection is not handled by Beam directly but by some third party coz I know 5 ppl who have beam connection and their billing is from 1st - 1st of the month no matter what time they took the connection its just that the first month is pro-rated and then from the next month the billing is 1st to 1st and none of them have the 24xonline client just the normal login via the beam portal. Also the outage during the power you should seriously ask them to install a new UPS backup....... may be the thrid party who is handling your connection does not provide that so it might be a different case or some weird society rules where they might not be allowed to put up a box 🙁

yep!!they didnt install the UPS only!!i mean..theres an orange wire (which am guessing is the fiber wire) foing into a black box..and from there a black wire to my home.....thought of taking a pic..but its raining like hell here! :x

beam connection and their billing is from 1st - 1st of the month no matter what time they took the connection its just that the first month is pro-rated and then from the next month the billing is 1st to 1st
yes, true. they have charges only 26days money per-day basis form me & now my billing cycle is 1-to-1 .

about the power backup, i can tell you im getting backup, as recent power cut due to maintenance couple for days back we dint have power upto 3-4 hours in our locality, but net was tere always, not down for a single second. My cpe is not in my building i dont even know where it is located 🙂

Woah.!!

Got an invoice....
http://anony.ws/pt-3KS1.html

And i got your address , im coming your home tonight for dinner 🙂

mate, you should change your name to UniqueBobby 😛
like rest of the thing, your bill is unique too.
see how my invoice is
http://anony.ws/pm-98VV.html

it has clearly mentioned Beam & B-MAX1000,
Where as in your case it home magic 🙂 enjoy.

And i got your address , im coming your home tonight for dinner 🙂

mate, you should change your name to UniqueBobby 😛
like rest of the thing, your bill is unique too.
see how my invoice is
http://anony.ws/pm-98VV.html

it has clearly mentioned Beam & B-MAX1000,
Where as in your case it home magic 🙂 enjoy.

Mine looks the same like netant... B-Max1000.. whew me normal then 😀

heh heh heh.....well netant...saw in your bill...its only 900Rs for you this month.?! 😵 they're charging me 1000rs point blank! 😕 bTW chicken curry in my home tonite....your welcome for dinner 😛 😛 😛

Dude ask them why this difference.. If you started from 16th then it should 500 ?

heh heh heh.....well netant...saw in your bill...its only 900Rs for you this month.?! 😵 they're charging me 1000rs point blank! 😕
yes 900/- for 26/7 days

bTW chicken curry in my home tonite....your welcome for dinner 😛 😛 😛
lol, i was coming to your home but got struck in CTC , those guys made a popat out of me , kept me waiting for almost 2 hours & at the end said, not avilable sir, that model is against order.. pay now & collect after 10 days. .. crap 😕
man such a bad day missed chicken & didn't even get the router 🙁

yup.! am waiting for them to come to my home to collect bill!
when they come...i'll ask him...POINT BLANK!

I even Doubt if 24online client has a feature that will reduce your speed After crossing Fair limit. So Enjoy buddy 🙂