Number of simultaneous PPPoE sessions

• Thread starter Thread starter gmaster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 2,508
ISP
Airtel, Jio
Currently I am getting three separate public IPs through three simultaneous PPPoE sessions connected through three bridged ports of the ONT. All sessions have individual maximum bandwidth of 40mbps (my plan speed). I think I can get one more public IP through the fourth port which I have kept aside in route mode for access to the ONT. However, I have not tried that for two reasons - 1) I don't need four IPs for my setup, 2) Don't want to draw unnecessary attention of Airtel's backend. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many simultaneous PPPoE sessions are allowed by Airtel per user?

As many ports you have/ sessions you can dial.

@gmaster so, do you get combined speed of120mbps? Also are you getting 3 public IPs or is you connection under CG-NAT?

I am using 100 mbps and combined 2 of them. I get about 240mbps.

@dkdhanda8 using ZTE F670Lv9.0 in bridge mode. All three IPs are public, not under CGNAT. Using two of them in load balancing setup for my wired media server, pc and tv. Using the third IP for other wireless stuffs.

@AD2011 getting 90mbps approx (double the plan) when using full combined bandwidth (mostly in P2P applications).