NU849 Plan - Change in Usage Logs ?

• Thread starter Thread starter umeshd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 957

umeshd

ISP
MTNL Triband 849NU / Reliance Broadband 300K UL Combo
Mods - Please check if this is already highlighted by someone else and move or delete as necessary.Hi Everyone,Noticed this today. Wondering if MTNL has done any changes in their session logging method.On 14th morning, I started downloading few big files around 7 in the morning and ended up going to 0830 almost. The session log is showing me almost correct size of downloads but the usage charged is not same. It is actually less then what was downloaded during the session. Below is the entry.Start Time 6/14/09 6:59 AMEnd Time 6/14/09 8:27 AMDownload 469163254bytesUsage 138.78 MBThe download bytes figure of 469163254 means I downloaded almost like 447MB however the billable usage shows 138MB only. Is it that MTNL have actually started logging the usage for NU users for periods starting from 8AM even if the session has started before 8AM ? If this is the case, we don't need to reset the modems around 8am if we can make sure the downloads stop before 8am.Unfortunately don't have any late night sessions to check whether they are doing anything similar with those too. Will try with small amount of downloads tonight and see what happens and update on Monday.Any feedback on this guys ?Thanks in Advance.Umesh