• Thread starter Thread starter jayesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,874

jayesh

Regular
ISP
vsnl/mtnl/ISdn backup for home use... bharti/reliance/mtnl/vsnl for office use
Hey guys... is the problem of having to restart the cpe every night fixed? Can i keep idling in the day time just started my downloads at 12 and not worry about being overbilled?

well, about the first question, u can search the forum...and regarding ur question of "overbilling" i just got a bill of Rs. 6993/-...so u can guess 🙂

dude... sorry im postin again... but im freaked out... wat did u do?... did u tell them?.. wont they cut the connection?... jus gimme an account na of wat u did so il do the same if i get a hit

umm...not really that...it was fine at the end...but my latest bill for the month of June is Rs. 6993/-the process of talks (none from their side), is still going on...am planning to go to the exchange tomorrow (monday), and find out what's going on...will keep u guys updated 🙂

I went to their office today and asked abt this restarting cpe stuff (from Mr Pandey AGM)Heres what he said-U DONT NEED TO RESTART THE CPE AT 12-Even if u leave CPE open at for e.g. 8 pm and shedule ur download from (12 to 8) am ull be not charged for that free NU period.-However if any download occurs during 8 pm to 12 am time(when CPE was left idle and on), then ull be proportionally for that period acc to ur night downs.- For e.g if u down 10 mb(or even few kbs, i suppose) from 8pm tp 12 am and then continue dwnloading 1000 mb frm 12 to 8 am then ull be charged [ ( 1010 / (8 + 4) ) ] * 4 mbs.- and no upload charges (i previously thought they charged for it) 🙄

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Jul 19 2005, 11:38 PM
well, about the first question, u can search the forum...and regarding ur question of "overbilling" i just got a bill of Rs. 6993/-...so u can guess 🙂
[snapback]17135[/snapback]
[/quote]
cb don't u access the mtnl acct. status website regularly? 😱
didn't it showed something like negative MB's 😀 left in ur acct.?(i.e. ADSL MB)

@lokesh...yeah, it does show negative MB's when i try to see like 10 or 15 days usage...i really don't have any idea what does that mean...@shankb...i always have said that...u don't need to restart it at 12 or 8 am...but there's no harm in keeping all the records, especially when u're dealing with sarkari ppl 😛